• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go time?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenrils stubbles on heavy clay are surprisingly mellow and seeding is under way.

Comment

Here in Ontario farm country we are getting 2 or 3 days of showers, some getting downpours, followed by 1 day of sun. Very little planted, a bit of spring grain and almost no corn.

A drive from Lake Huron into central Ontario yesterday showed that there is water ponded in fields halfway across the province including winter wheat fields, which look excellent until now.

According to my Dad we'll need bigger barns and bins because he always would say, "A wet, cool May makes lots of grain and hay". But right now it doesn't look like a recipe for success.

Comment

Burnt , is there a big rain event on its way into all Ontario ? Or is it just southern Ontario in the cccccross hairs ?

Comment

Amazing when the sun rises already and how long the north western sky stays at twilight. About 49 days its summer solstice. Seasons seem to go by faster every year. I think we're orbiting the sun faster than when I was a kid. .....or was it I never had a care in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Burnt , is there a big rain event on its way into all Ontario ? Or is it just southern Ontario in the cccccross hairs ?
            I don't know for sure - I've heard 2" on the way for our part of the province, southern Ontario. Ow. The rivers and every waterhole are already full. Hopefully less coming than forecast. Chance of snow on Friday. Ow. Ow.
            Last edited by burnt; May 3, 2017, 12:51.

Comment

Well its officially spring here.
              Exes lawyer takin yet another run for yet more money. Far more predictable than the weather.

Comment

Blackpowder,
                I hope your situation turns out alright. Don't let it stress you too much, you were scaring me a little last year.

Comment

Exes are like winter. Theyre always coming. Have to be like Spock.

Not to derail thread, shud be going next week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...