• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go time?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats dust?

Comment

I need to go here to combine last years crop.

Comment

Judas priest. Good luck

Comment

Makar, good luck. You definitely need some weather.

Comment

started putting fertilizer down yesterday. I feel for you guys out west we have had are fair share of mud the past few years I know how you feel. rather be to dry than to wet!!!

Comment

Looks like fun out fertilizing.
              Went for a gator ride this morning.
              Looks dry from the road..but mud in every incline..real disappointing.
              10 days to 2 weeks away..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	765535

Custom operator seeding some alfalfa/grass for me today - conditions are great going around the potholes. Remarkable how it's dried up here - only had a 1/2 inch moisture since that ugly snowstorm in early March.

That's a true zero till operation SF3 - zero machinery involved since we seeded millet on it last summer.

Braveheart, it's more of the foreigners with their funny machinery!

Comment

We drove out to Echo Lake yesterday. Every low spot has water, there will be a few rigs sunk to the axles, I suspect.

Comment

Grassfarmer, I have used a drill like that. Liked it. Also, have driven a JCB Fastrack hauling silage from the chopper. Loved that tractor.

Comment

The drill makes a great job but they are expensive to own and maintain from what I understand. Calibration is always a bit of a crap shoot though. Has anyone used the airseeder version with the same disc openers etc? We had a custom operator in with one in AB once, great drill but the operator not so great - seeding at 3am but missing 10 acres per quarter due to blocked runs.

I always think the Fastracks look out of place doing actual field work. The original reason for them in England was a way to haul sugar beets to the factories using farm fuel which you couldn't use in trucks on the highway.

Comment

Yea grass that's a expensive machine one pass great for what you do. Not great for us the bourg works better.

Had a foreigner bring one fast trac over he was a nice guy while he lasted over here. Gone now and so is the tractor.

Any way it's still way to muddy and wet.

Comment

Sprayed some today and heavy harrowed canola stubble...start asap if the weather allows. Peas to (****in)wheat to canola to flax to the lake(I don't have a cottage/cabin so I'll have to pretend). Buy dirt at stoopid prices but not the luxury item. Oh well, that way I don't have to paint, roof, maintain another residence and yard....I'm lazy!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Sprayed some today and heavy harrowed canola stubble...start asap if the weather allows. Peas to (****in)wheat to canola to flax to the lake(I don't have a cottage/cabin so I'll have to pretend). Buy dirt at stoopid prices but not the luxury item. Oh well, that way I don't have to paint, roof, maintain another residence and yard....I'm lazy!
                            Sprayed the field that they spread on. Field seems firm to walk on, but in many spots where they drove through and only sunk an inch or two its incredibly unstable. Never seen it like that before. Their tracks are like a trampoline when you walk on them.

Wind got up and a few piddles rolled through so tried to seed some peas... checked all the rollers last year... one has seized solid. fertilizer residue is horrid shit! Considering what i seen under the floater tracks maybe its for the best!

Comment

The odd guy seeding here on light land
                              Amazing how it dried up a bit on stuff harrowed , v/t last fall. Untouched stubble from last fall still wet. A few guys back harrowing again . Guys gettin stuck on heavystubble with harrows . Could be full swing by weekend next Monday here .
                              Soil temp jumped 3 c to an average 5 yesterday on fields worked fall , 1 c on stub not touched . But time will tell

Comment

Suprising how fast black furrows will warm up furrow. (If you can)Gotta start sometime, pick your battle but do it wisely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...