• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm Reassessments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I may ask for perspective. What in general would taxes be on a quarter?
    Here about $500. No idea assessment. Selling for $700k.
    Yardsite maybe $2000.

Comment

Blackpowder, one of our quarters (average) has 157.2 acres cultivated.. Taxes are $2,262.02. With one phone call I could sell it for $480,000.

Comment

Assessment would be about $380,000. Portioned assessed is 26%.

Comment

Brave heart, I cll bulshit my tax notice came today and yes my home 1/4 is 2200 tax but the rest are in the 350/425 range. So this is in Alta and not the best of land but I surly doubt you average 2200/. 1/4 a .5% increase this yr on average.

Comment

You can call anything you want, bullshit,no shit,I don't care. Kinger, Wakpoa, Stonepicker, Jay-Mo, Barleyman, all farm near me and will echo what I've said. Much of MB is the same. I don't know anything about AB, or SK, but we had Selinger and the NDP, and we're screwed near term thanks to them.

Comment

Im east of braveheart and my taxes are higher than his, jumped way up last fall. The taxes on rual town homes went down. Farmers picking up the tab now for town dwellers, not not mention we pay school tax on every parcel of land, and the town dwellers only pay once. As i mentioned awhile ago on this site, the govt is going after farmers for increased tax revenues, wait until the carbon tax comes calling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                Brave heart, I cll bulshit my tax notice came today and yes my home 1/4 is 2200 tax but the rest are in the 350/425 range. So this is in Alta and not the best of land but I surly doubt you average 2200/. 1/4 a .5% increase this yr on average.
                Manitoba land taxes are way higher than in ab/sk. However you must have some real shitty land in order to get your taxes that low. About 800 a quarter here 103k assessed haven't gotten the new ones yet.

Land taxes are nuts for the service we get... especially considering we pay an extra levy for drainage in addition to our taxes

Comment

An extra levy for drainage? If, and that's a big IF, I could drain, I might consider a drainage levy a good investment. However, drainage just improves my ability to pay the land and school taxes that are already in place. I really don't mind paying taxes for services that should be there but, WE DON'T GET ANY SERVICES.

Comment

Sounds like we're kind of spoiled in AB on land taxes. Lowest quarter is about $250 for basically pasture land, highest is about $500 for fully cultivated land. Market value of both about the same 700ish. Home quarter around 2000, we have a partial exemption for houses on ag land and farm buildings exempt. Same yard on acreage would be more than double.

Our municipalities have relied on taxing oilfield and commercial .for years. That has come to an end and are dipping in reserves. I'm sure over the next couple years we will have substantial increases.

Comment

yes your spoiled

Comment

Braveheart

Didn't like the tax increases on my farm property last fall either, but I'm not going to take it out on someone on Agriville. I just laid out the facts, as farm land values have gone through the roof , doesn't mean I agree with what's taking place. You feel your over taxed take it up with your councillor, Reeve, MLA or Premier, ranting at me doesn't help your issue . As for me making a post on Agriville agreeing with what you posted won't change a thing for you.

The rest of your post is not worth addressing without me providing you copies of all my tax receipts and tax returns debating it would be futile and I don't have to prove a thing to someone who himself is anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Manitoba land taxes are way higher than in ab/sk. However you must have some real shitty land in order to get your taxes that low. About 800 a quarter here 103k assessed haven't gotten the new ones yet.

Land taxes are nuts for the service we get... especially considering we pay an extra levy for drainage in addition to our taxes
                          Klause thank Kevin/Wall, last budget killed all maintenance assistance to CAA for ditches. And the cost will be born totally in future by the ratepayers.

Comment

Forage, I have taken my case to council and the province. I get shrugs. Ralph Eicler, Ag Minister, response was, "I have formed a committee to look into tile drainage". What? He must be the worst politician yet. This is a big issue in MB.

Comment

Taxed to the hilt in mb. as far as property taxes. Really gotta wonder about you foragefarmer.

Comment

Here in the slum of the Ghetto, off the "2016 assessment notice" there was some parcels that gained and some that lost. Our highest is 89400 and she's all down hill from there. The RM taxes the quarter based on 55% of the assessed value, 49170 and the RM tax for that quarter is $331.90, .675% mill rate. The school portion is $131.28 or .267% mill rate. Total tax=$463.18, the municipal hail insurance we take is alot more than total taxes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...