• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9261.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	777564

Well thank you mother nature for the wet fracking snow and cold temps of the last week. N O T!!!!!!

Out yesterday bringing the backhoe home and a week ago i drove it out to the beaver dams no problem backed in nice and destroyed their dams. Kind of fun. But yesterday morning early went out to bring it home kind of created a long day as i sunk the hoe real bad then why not try to get out yea it didn't matter which way i went she was going down and i was going down with the hoe. Well Some times you should remember your cell phone and ET phone home.

It is so soupy so wet again were probably with nice weather middle of next week on lighter land West of us but the mud zone is definitely going to be a challenge.

So what are other guys plans. In our area the guy still harvesting hasn't really turned a wheel since the first stuff before easter. In anything the last snow took more away. We have decided to get the one deep tillage out and make some real good fire guards to clean up some fields with straw then you know where its wet as the straw is still their. Heavy harrow will be in major use before both drills and the kelly might even get used to dry out some of our land.

I feel bad for those still harvesting as the weather pattern hasn't changed one bit. We are still getting storms from south west or NE down. Alberta to Moosejaw look like the wet zone line has moved further west and fun times will be had for those areas again.

Name:	IMG_8917.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	777565

Most farmers in area are almost ready to go, seed is cleaned, seed pickup is slow, seems guys really aren't excited about plant 17. Times are changing again on the farm something is different this spring.
    Canadian Pension Plan has done a about face and now will be getting out of the purchase of land. The reason is real funny, No its not because the return on investment from rent meets their requirements, or The fact the idiots bought at the peak of the market or the fact who even was advising them has no clue. No its because farmers were pissed that the gov of canada was actually competing for farm land with them. They purchased in both Canada and USA. Can you bet they purchased at the top in both places.

But funny some argued with me years ago after the Red Army sold and I said the peak was in. Then I said watch what happened in different places in the world these funds would exit some day and farmers could repurchase the property at a discount. Well its starting First the genius that Manages the Ontario teachers pension fund had trouble finding renters at the high water mark. If prices drop some more and equipment and seed and fert keep climbing and then the USA puts up road blocks for us farmers won't be able to pay the huge land rents that are still happening in some areas. Every cycle has a peak and then a down side. ITs getting close to purchase time again. But what do i know.

So yes time will tell what will happen in AG, Hey Twinkle toes today might give us a Hm um Oh Um bone. Carbon tax credit for direct seeding. HA HA HA HAHA.

But hey it was cold last night maybe Hell did freeze over.

Name:	IMG_9233.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	777566

Some good things to watch, Ok Olery is out we knew that was going to happen. Texas north has flood warnings etc might help wheat. Then it froze in quite a few states should trim wheat and then planting is way behind only SD is going great. They are between our systems and the southern systems so its plant on.

Canadian acreage won't be what was announced by stats canada. Canola will be in the 20 mil wheat will be down Durum will get planted, Soy will be more than they are saying and Oats is up big time, IT is a joke if any one believes peas and lentils are down. Really no inoculant available or almost all out. No no one is seeding pulses.

Have a great week hopefully the weather finally smartens up and we can get on with plant 2017. Remember the early birds last week who started seeding have had 7 strait nights of below zero frozen ground. Ah its Canada.

Keep safe as the ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Good observation regarding inoculant, granular Tag Team was all sold out but yet pulses down.
    Oats and soybeans will be up significantly in Sask as well.
    Manitoba close to 1/3 soybeans.

Could be an interesting year.

Comment

In Manitoba the Soy acres come out of Canola Acreage. In Alberta if you still have crop out till their insurance give you the go ahead to burn or what ever gets done acres will go to oats or barley and some canola.

Sask farmers aren't telling how much soy they are really going to try. One guy picked up 10000 acres of inoculant from local supplier for peas. one third one third one third. Wheat Canola Peas.

Stats Canada gets more useless each day.

Now they did get the Oats correct as every one i know has seed ready to go.

Comment

sure strange around here , haven't had 3 tenths rain and no more than an inch of snow in april . quite a change! saw one combine going , lots of dust , but ground still to wet . it's amazing to see how the holes are drying when you don't get 2" every week . if we get some heat there will be lots happening soon .

Comment

NE of us right.

Comment

sf3 - better hope all those JD's don't grow , by the look of Ritchie bros . , market is already flooded, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              NE of us right.
              yea , right in the ne corner

Comment

Yea RB is full of Green and its not the kind i like to see. if it rains on weekend might head north to the lake the ice should be off. Maybe do some yard work summer is almost here.

Comment

I will keep the NW Sask Thurs crop report short ....

Comment

....Heavy harrow will be in major use before both drills and the kelly might even get used to dry out some of our land............Carbon tax credit for direct seeding. HA HA HA HAHA.
                    My thoughts exactly - why should you get paid for something you aren't doing?

Ok Olery is out we knew that was going to happen.
                    Yeah right, sure - if you'd have had any hint of it you'd have been yapping it from the rooftops - jeez you can't even spell his name never mind predict his political future.

Comment

Hey assfarmer oh sorry I spell it Wong!

Let's face it you hate me and I don't care about you one bit!

Kevin shook things up but when I did my membership renewal MAx got mine! I like Andrew but he can't win Canada. Our only hope is one way.

As a farmers ass who doesn't get climate change but like to pretend you do. Heavy harrow is done by most farmers under direct seeding but you knew that you just like being a Ass.

Have a great day assfarmer keep telling us about your climate changing cows!

Comment

Still snowing in places, COLD WET here, frost maybe deep...Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	765523

Comment

Depends on how the high pressure ridge sets in. Need some weather just to deal with straw.
                          Counties have some laborious rules on burning.
                          Every little washbasin full to brim.
                          Sometime between 10 and 20 May for a start??
                          Some guys already cancelling peas.

Comment

To heck with it , going to town to book trip to Vegas lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...