• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank mixing treflan/avadex with glyphosate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank mixing treflan/avadex with glyphosate

I know its not global warming or spring combining but I figured I'd post anyways.
    I want to do my burnoff with triflurlin/glyphosate on my peas and avadex/ glyphosate on some of my wheat. Edge isn't available in liquid form anymore?
    I've been direct seeding these pieces for 5 years and they've never had avadex or treflan used on them.
    Will it work to spray preseed or do I need pre-emerge so there is more soil exposed? (12" spacing and 4.5" opener so there's a lot of black when I'm done)
    What can I mix with each to take out rup volunteer canola?
    What is the mixing order for these?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ronski; Apr 25, 2017, 13:45. Reason: Clarification

We did ours after seeding with round up Bonanza . I added Bromox to take out rr canola .
    Did some with 5 gal/ ac liquid sulfur as well.
    I did it after seeding to get full ground cover and not have stripping from the seed furrow .
    It may work ok as a pre seed , I just never did any that way

Comment

Did 1000 acres of avadex/rup/ liquid sulphur last year post seed on canola. Every acre worked. Doing it again this year just to mix things up on a portion maybe not 1000 but thinking 500 acres. Old chemistry pre's still have a fit I'd say better then a group 1 if you suspect any resistance issues. I haven't tried the treflan but not afraid to try after the results I saw on avadex.

Comment

So how do you go from applying granular or liquid and "feild" cultivate or shallow disc it in within 24 hrs and incorporate it again at a right angle to the first incorporation "at a certain depth".... to spraying it on top and walking away?

Do either of those products suffer from quick photo-degradation if it doesnt get a rain to wash it down into the soil in a timely manner?

Amazing how things change to suit different farming practices...how many denied claims against poor product performance because it wasn't applied properly when the old method of application was the norm?
        Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 25, 2017, 23:35.

Comment

did some treflan ,on peas , sprayed on after seeding ( sandy land )and before rolling.
          worked pretty good. seems like the roller squished it in pretty good.
          a lot of nasty weeds were not there at harvest. nice crop even being thin.
          i did not mix them, sprayed the rdp just before emergence.
          Last edited by sawfly1; Apr 26, 2017, 01:37.

Comment

I did a field trial with the avadex/glyphos mix on some heavy wild oat patches. Pre spray, 10 gal. No til, lots of trash. You could see where the line was, but far from adequate control. If you have low organic matter and lots of ground showing it would probably work better.

Comment

I was planning to try glyphosate, authority and treflan tank mixed. Looks like that is a bad idea. Input appreciated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...