• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only people who dislike this weather less than farmers are:

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only people who dislike this weather less than farmers are:

Proponents of the global warming agenda. This type of weather event must make their job/ mission in life much harder. How would you like to convince Canadians on a day like today that they should sacrifice their standard of living for the noble cause of cooling the climate. My heart goes out to those folks, that job is likely even harder than calving cows or trying to combine or seed crops in this weather.

And before anyone accuses me of confusing weather with climate, that is not my intent. This is hardly an unseasonable event, nor unexpected. But for many Canadians, if we thought we had the power to change the climate for the better ( that would be warmer by virtually all rational definitions) they would gladly do their part to help.

Not sure about the rest of the country, but it is snowing and below zero here, the rest of the week doesn't look much better.

Golfers and beach bums [SF3 ;-)]

Comment

Why cant you *** deniers just conform already? The science has carved in stone as an absolute. Compared today on cbc as akin to Newtons gravity. He wasnt completely correct. Neither was Einstien. "But because of Sir Issac we got to the moon".
      So todays scientists are telling us theyre %100 correct. Cherry picking the half rights.
      Personally I'm sick and *** tired of trying to have a drink in an unheated shop while shivering like a dog shitting razorblades.
      Also fed up with raising my hand to ask a respectful question and getting slapped down as an ignoramus.
      People like Integrity Farmer have paid in full the right to walk over here and "show me".

Comment

Well Ab5 just came in from checking cows, typical spring snowstorm. This weather certainly sucks for calving and for my neighbors that have some spring combining to do. Nothing is drying. Chin up because I can assure you the enviro zealots are only ramping up the rhetoric and the constant barrage of of Armageddon like predictions will continue. In the short term the election in France should provide a short term distraction depending on the outcome.

Comment

LOL! First paragraph, the sarcasm is dripping onto my text as I am typing.

As farmers, we all acknowledge and agree there is climate change.

Spring, summer, fall, winter.

"They" are creating an environment of fear for money, kind of like the Americans have been doing for the last 20 years that I paid attention to. I have noticedtheb weather apps are dramatizing their reports with red banners and caps lock text.

WARNING 2 CM SNOW WITH BRISK WIND. UMMMM.....just another day in Saskatchewan.

I don't remember who originally suggested yr.no but they were right. This bunch from Norway is more accurate "here" than anyone in North America.

Comment

Was reading the other day and from a legitimate source a global warming freak.....the Vikings grew wheat in Norway some time in the past think it may have been in 1200s then earth got colder and he stated soon they will be able to it again with global warming.........

Like my point is yep maybe earth gets warm earth gets cold happened for last zillion years apparently if were in a warming phase so be it seems it will cool again.

I don't get to much into climate arguments I know little but at my patch nothing statistically has changed I have rainfall records back to 1911 but not temp records

cheers all full on planting here

Comment

https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period-basic.htm
              Greenhouse gasses – mainly CO2, but also methane – were involved in most of the climate changes in Earth’s past. When they were reduced, the global climate became colder. When they were increased, the global climate became warmer. When CO2 levels jumped rapidly, the global warming that resulted was highly disruptive and sometimes caused mass extinctions. Humans today are emitting prodigious quantities of CO2, at a rate faster than even the most destructive climate changes in earth's past.
              Abrupt vs slow change.

Life flourished in the Eocene, the Cretaceous and other times of high CO2 in the atmosphere because the greenhouse gasses were in balance with the carbon in the oceans and the weathering of rocks. Life, ocean chemistry, and atmospheric gasses had millions of years to adjust to those levels.

But there have been several times in Earth’s past when Earth's temperature jumped abruptly, in much the same way as they are doing today. Those times were caused by large and rapid greenhouse gas emissions, just like humans are causing today.

Those abrupt global warming events were almost always highly destructive for life, causing mass extinctions such as at the end of the Permian, Triassic, or even mid-Cambrian periods. The symptoms from those events (a big, rapid jump in global temperatures, rising sea levels, and ocean acidification) are all happening today with human-caused climate change.

So yes, the climate has changed before humans, and in most cases scientists know why. In all cases we see the same association between CO2 levels and global temperatures. And past examples of rapid carbon emissions (just like today) were generally highly destructive to life on Earth.

Comment

Hobby, YR.no was my suggestion - awesome forecasting isn't it?

AF5 - you forget it's Global warming or more accurately climate change - emphasis being on the Global. Remember we are the coldest country on earth yet we would be in trouble soon enough with a 2-3 week stretch of 30C weather in summer with no rain. Crops would wilt and yields would suffer in many places - look at Ontario last summer. Look at the problems mild winters make to forming ice roads in Canada's north. Then think about the rest of the world - places where they may hit 37C more often instead of 30C and where hundreds of millions live by subsistence agriculture. Wishing for "beach holiday" weather year round and wishing on climate change as a result is foolish.

Comment

So when the weather is colder than normal you guys start griping again about climate change? LOL What do you say when the weather is warmer than normal?

Your entire life and business is dependent on science and the technological development that has come with it.

But in the case of human caused global warming many of you ignore the scientific evidence and deny climate change even in the face of shrinking glaciers, sea ice, perma frost and warming temperature records from numerous sources.

And not one of you can provide a shred of evidence from a legitimate climate scientists to back up your arguments.

Comment

Now Ab5 that didn't take to long did it. Chuck2 and Grassfarmer belittling our collective intelligence. Grassfarmer as a fellow beef farmer I certainly agree with your outlook on grassland management but your belief that you can convince the radical enviro nuts that consuming beef is enviromentily friendly is a battle you cannot win though I applaud you for trying. To most enviromentalists consuming meat is as bad as burning fossil fuels. Yes you can sequester the carbon with grassland management but there is no way to stop methane production or the amount of water needed to produce a pound of beef.

Comment

Well its a Balmy -2 in Regina This morning.

I personally like the winters in Saskatchewan at least the last two. Snow in Dec and then a shot in Jan and little in Feb then gone then showers every once and a while in March and april.

Oh it was like this back when i was in School some 50 years ago. Oh it was this way when my dad was in school some 80 plus years ago. Oh it was this way when my grand father was here many many years ago.

See we have warm winters some time then the winter from hell. We have dry cycles that i can't wait to come back and then flood cycles.

Its climate of our country. Its not Hawaii with 82 year round. Its Canada.

One god dam Volcano in Peru spews more shit into the air than all of Canada combined.

Happy Day after Earth ***** Day.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	765512

Comment

Chuck2, lets pretend that on Monday Canada implemented a $200 a tonne carbon tax coast to coast. How would this benefit the world? Would the residents in Venezuala in the coming months suddenly have access to the food and medicine they need? Would their 500% inflation suddenly disappear? Would our third world nations finally have access to enough food and clean water and modern medicine and a roof over their head and modern sewage treatment facilities or even electricity? Would it eliminate the large islands of plastic waste in the ocean? Realistically would it even affect the world's climate? The answer to all is no. It would just put you and me out of work. I would in the short term probably just become a subsistence farmer, just raise enough food to feed my family. I probably would install a wood stove to heat my home I wouldn't be able to afford natural gas. In short it would only affect Canada and do nothing for the world. End of rant.

Comment

Well sad Hamloc

Comment

Well said.

Agree 100%

Time to get off this one horse pony and get on with real world problems.

Comment

hamloc You answered your own question, if you were substance farming burning wood how many 1000s of litres of diesel didn't you burn.?
                              sask3 I am quite sure you don't mind sack winters, your never here.
                              What is normal my lifetime or the lack 100/1000yr,this climate thing even the most hard nosed of you have to admit it is not what it was 40/50 yr ago. As for volcanoes there is dam little we can do about them but adding our contribution on top probably doesn't help.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...