• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Canada Seeding Intentions vs Farmers!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Central and northern Alberta will have abandoned spring thrash and unseeded acres this year. Probably close to a million acres of intended seeding will not make it and some of the wheat gets switched to barley. Stats Can is always wrong. Time to shut the joint down.
    NE sask will be the same

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      If you look at potential prices is anyone surprised? All of our costs are pushing farmers to a wheat- canola rotation. I finally had enough of the malt barley game and I grow a little bit of yellow peas, usually close to my most profitable crop, but I don't intend to increase the acres. If that much canola is planted prices will definitely decrease. I am glad I still have the cows.
      I think you mean canola-canola-wheat rotation. Especially on rented land. Thats how you get ahead. Splash a few lentils on the sandy land and retire a multi millionaire.

Comment

I think the market does realize guys will seed a few more acres of Canola and they know our bins are getting empty. Thats why the price rose to July Again and dropped in Fall.

Keep feeding them with product and they will take it from you.

I believe 12 is possible for the remainder if we have a Canola scare in May and harvest of last falls crops don't give them what they were looking for and those acres don't get seeded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...