• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9161.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	777556

Well the Easter storm really didn't do much but something definitely has changed this week and into next. A typical April showers bring may flowers or just a regular shit show or normal spring weather or Second Winter.

Yesterday about 11 it started to rain and continued until dark. First shower in morning was about 1/10 but the rest will take it higher.

Not what we wanted but not a over abundance yet. Basically its just taking seeding to another week later that we imagined in early April.

Name:	IMG_6967.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	777557

Sloppy yards are making drill repairs and changes a little interesting. One drill is getting the pump system for anhydrous and other is getting a blockage monitor. Almost ready but this week has slowed progress.

Our Seed cleaning is almost done and most smaller jobs will now start. We really don't do much custom.

Still looking for that magical mystery section to farm but can't find anything closer than twenty or more miles away. I guess well drop the acreage this year and enjoy the year with less work.

Guys in area are still having a hard time finding workers as some guys are back working in the oil patch or simply won't work for farmers. Older retired farmers are getting either to old to help or just tired. Younger ones who quit or retire are heading back to the city.

Roads have turned to a real shit show. Some local RMS we farm in have done the side grass clean up and bring gravel back up rotor rooter. Some Rms have graded all roads at least once or twice. Some road repair on soft spots and then Our main RM who had a huge change in council etc is a total shit show. New grader man did main grid but he is still learning how to run a grader as didn't know it has reverse to fill and level spots and real interesting way of grading some spots blade down then up then deep cut then different angle on the grid. Good help is hard to find. Maybe some of these RMS should let rate payers buy their own grader and grade their own roads just like my dad and grandfather did. Each person was responsible for their road.
    But then if you do nothing at least your saving the ratepayers money.

Auction Sales in Area are getting the people leaving the industry good money. A lot of less junk at sales now and more people bid on line than attend. Seems most locals go for visit and dinner and maybe a piece of equipment or shop tool.

Early spring harvest that started real well before easter has ground to a halt. One field in area done very nice before but now nothing this week.

Most will get things seeded as long as rain slows down and days warm up. still frost in places and snow in odd tree line yet. Ground temp is still cool.

Have a safe spring and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Name:	IMG_9121.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	777558

1/4 inch out of yesterdays system!

Comment

Most of the snow is gone but still a few runs with water running and water in most low spots so going to be awhile yet. The weekend looks wet and then cold next week but if the rain stays light it could still be a early start for this area. Any big rains and then who knows when we might start.

Comment

Our area most have two seeding plans.

1 if it stays like it is and no big rains in next ten days to three weeks.

2. if it rains its plan B with more oats and Barley.

Then plan C if it snows like a few years ago and then keeps raining, Live at the lake and don't go home till fall.

Comment

Our forecast is for snow this weekend..that could put seeding in mid to late May..or later?

Comment

SF3..is that your old JD tractor in pic?
            Those are worth a lot of dollars now.
            Wonder why people parked them in the Bush. And not in the shade or a shed..
            Vintage is the hot thing now..

Comment

Thats one is a project tractor for maybe this winter coming up or next summer, depends if my sons want to start it or have one they want to work on. Its one of 10 or more waiting for rebuild and we have lots that are already done. Found a 8020 might purchase but that one will cost quite a bit. Looking for 5020s etc. and the 6030. 4020 Mechanical.

lots of A's B's AR'S D little crawlers, H, M and 830s diesel to many.

Always looking for old ones running or not. Parts for rebuild. Getting tougher to find.

My boys and i are having fun with these. Hey drugs would be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                SF3..is that your old JD tractor in pic?
                Those are worth a lot of dollars now.
                Wonder why people parked them in the Bush. And not in the shade or a shed..
                Vintage is the hot thing now..
                we have one just like that in the shed completely restored , don't bring it out much , green , you know , lol

Comment

Its a fun hobby with your kids. But it is a expensive one.

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER3;343592]Thats one is a project tractor for maybe this winter coming up or next summer, depends if my sons want to start it or have one they want to work on. Its one of 10 or more waiting for rebuild and we have lots that are already done. Found a 8020 might purchase but that one will cost quite a bit. Looking for 5020s etc. and the 6030. 4020 Mechanical.

lots of A's B's AR'S D little crawlers, H, M and 830s diesel to many.

Always looking for old ones running or not. Parts for rebuild. Getting tougher to find.

My boys and i are having fun with these. Hey drugs would be cheaper.[/QUOTE

Good job SF3. The skills they learn will yield dividends that can't be measured but can be seen.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	765511

Trying to snow. Just add 3/10 to gauge from yesterday and last night. Mud all over today.

Guy seeding quit little to wet.

Comment

I'm still hanging on to the pup start 830 I seeded with while Dad in hospital. Dunno exactly why. Maybe still have dream of son experiencing it.

Comment

That must be a "B"?, What year? Our "A" a 1942...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	765513

Comment

Name:	IMG_4974.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	765514

Thats also a A

Comment