• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the U.S. Recession Already Begun? . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the U.S. Recession Already Begun? . . . .

U.S. data released over the past month shows the economic ship is starting to lean.

Latest U.S. jobs creation showed a stunning decline.
    U.S. CPI data released this morning is now actually negative (deflation).
    Consumer spending is slowing. Retail fallout continues.
    4th quarter U.S. GDP was well below expectation of 1.9%.
    Now The Atlanta Fed is now projecting 1st quarter U.S. GDP at just 0.6%.

Changes in U.S. heath care appeared stalled. Will Trump tax reform fail?

The U.S. dollar appears too high suggesting further recovery in other currencies including the Cdn dollar.

But the Fed continues to tell investors the U.S. economy remains in steady recovery.
    Janet Yellen is banging-the-drum of multi Fed rate hikes this year.
    But in-reality, chances these rates hikes may as probable as the Flames winning the Stanley Cup.

Now stir in North Korea . . . .

Market volatility is about to pick up (IMO).

The usa automotive industry is diving right now as well. Sales way down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	765503Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1627.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	765504Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1628.jpg
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	765505Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	765506

Comment

Seeing it is one thing
        Believing it is another
        Acting or reacting is important ( doing nothing is something, and easiest)defence or offensive
        Timing is everything

Comment

The U.S. auto industry is now in a subprime loan crisis of its own.

Suspect used car prices will be in-decline as inventories swell.

Comment

Fake news LOL.
            The economy is great, fantastic, the best it's ever been. Auto sales are huuuge - we're making America great again!

Comment

Sabre rattling and recessions usually don't end well. Stay tuned.

Comment

An economic facade created by the manipulation of the U.S. Federal Reserve protecting Wall Street at all cost. Their balance sheet is now larger than the entire U.S. GDP.

They now must unwind this balance sheet . . . .

Comment

What I heard was the USA car loan industry is now over 1 trillion dollars and over 1/3 of those loans are between 72 and 84 months in duration.

Something has to change these equity prices are insanely over valued right now. Look no further than Tesla.

Going to cash might be the thing to do right now

Iceman out

Comment

Why not buy over inflated Ag land? It's as good a place as any to lose value.

Comment

Yup all those investor types will want their money back in full and the government will be more than obliging just like bombardier but the average farmer who hits a rough patch will be forced into selling out so the investors can average down on the way out.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Why not buy over inflated Ag land? It's as good a place as any to lose value.
                        LOL! Hopefully the farmland will not lose too much value. Cash rents are going up, it is a good time to own farmland and lock in some sweet retirement revenue.
                        Too much land devaluation and the debt/asset ratio may go to amber or maybe Ritchie Brothers favourite color, blood red. This would be a problem.

Comment

I was reading Andrew Allentuck's column, Guarding Wealth, in Grainews. He was talking about bubbles and like this quote....something about history having no monopoly on "hope in excess of reality".

Bubbles pop.

Why would ag land be any different? And I think it is past the point of reality. But appartently it doesn't have to make sense. Unless you want to borrow to buy it and make a living on it.

Personally, "I" probably don't have enough time(hope).
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 15, 2017, 23:55.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Personally, "I" probably don't have enough time(hope).
                            So it pops Farma would it really matter? Your dirt would still be the same ole ghetto dirt producing the same ole foodstamp stuffs for the ghetto populace.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              So it pops Farma would it really matter? Your dirt would still be the same ole ghetto dirt producing the same ole foodstamp stuffs for the ghetto populace.
                              In my case you are absolutely right biglentil. It could be $5000/acre now and unless I'm selling it it doesn't matter. Because there's an apprentice here who wants to take it over it's not for sale. And I never bought any since the last huge run-up in value. But if I was to buy now with no one to hand the torch to......someone should take me to and have my head read! That's were the comment of not personally having enough time comes into play.....even if I had the cash to buy it, if this thing corrects I may not live long enough to recoup all my money. ...or if I borrow....I may not live long enough to see it paid off.

Caveat emptor from the slum of the Ghetto.
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 16, 2017, 05:55.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...