• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	17523185_1135302706597087_5367293544187806695_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	777550

Well its Easter weekend coming up and guess what probably a winter storm. This is a earlier version as I am on the road to Lloyd today to take some equipment to its new owner. Ok were meeting half way. Still its a Albertan who needs it. Funny he mentioned the other day he still has 2000 acres of HRS out and 1000 acres of Canola and oh boy is it wet.
    Our local guy finished the field I showed you last week, he still has quite a few left gets about a 100 acres off a day with one machine. Swather infront of combine and Big tractor for backup when stuck.
    Its grading a three and 13.6 moisture. Lost due to shelling he feels about 35% but at least he didn't have to dry it.
    Some companies are offering a spring harvest special they take a dollar off street price and then charge for drying.

Kind of like hitting a guy with a baseball bat just as he is trying to get up. My advise haul in last falls harvested if the spring doesn't look bad. The F$%Kers will take it in June because most bins are empty. Or just about after the last bounce.

Oats is another question probably its Pouched.

For us were almost all done cleaning the batch of Brandon wheat. All we have left to clean is Durum and then its get equipment ready. One drill is ready second needs some spring work. Hoses and a new blockage monitor plus the Anhydrous will be with the new pump system.

Roads are soft and Still no grader to be seen. Seems some of these Rms should let roads go back to the way they use to be a farmer looked after his own roads. Only grader we seen since October was back in Winter once to shave the ditches with snow.

Main grid did get graded but the new guy is from the bottom of the Grader pool again.

Oil patch is starting to pick up as a few guys who were going to work for local guys got called back.

Land sales are inching up again as investors and Alberta Transplants and Ontario transplants come to Sask. Funny last week a guy from BC that was going to show every one East of us how to farm had his Richie brothers sale the other day. 4 years and he was done. Getting it rented now to a local guy for normal rent. Ah maybe were getting back to normal. Big land deal with Ontario teachers pension fund might not be as costly as first renter paid.

So have a Happy Easter and Enjoy time with family and friends.

Christ has risen. Ok I sound like Tom where are you.

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    [ATTACH]1402[/ATTACH]

Well its Easter weekend coming up and guess what probably a winter storm. This is a earlier version as I am on the road to Lloyd today to take some equipment to its new owner. Ok were meeting half way. Still its a Albertan who needs it. Funny he mentioned the other day he still has 2000 acres of HRS out and 1000 acres of Canola and oh boy is it wet.
    Our local guy finished the field I showed you last week, he still has quite a few left gets about a 100 acres off a day with one machine. Swather infront of combine and Big tractor for backup when stuck.
    Its grading a three and 13.6 moisture. Lost due to shelling he feels about 35% but at least he didn't have to dry it.
    Some companies are offering a spring harvest special they take a dollar off street price and then charge for drying.

Kind of like hitting a guy with a baseball bat just as he is trying to get up. My advise haul in last falls harvested if the spring doesn't look bad. The F$%Kers will take it in June because most bins are empty. Or just about after the last bounce.

Oats is another question probably its Pouched.

For us were almost all done cleaning the batch of Brandon wheat. All we have left to clean is Durum and then its get equipment ready. One drill is ready second needs some spring work. Hoses and a new blockage monitor plus the Anhydrous will be with the new pump system.

Roads are soft and Still no grader to be seen. Seems some of these Rms should let roads go back to the way they use to be a farmer looked after his own roads. Only grader we seen since October was back in Winter once to shave the ditches with snow.

Main grid did get graded but the new guy is from the bottom of the Grader pool again.

Oil patch is starting to pick up as a few guys who were going to work for local guys got called back.

Land sales are inching up again as investors and Alberta Transplants and Ontario transplants come to Sask. Funny last week a guy from BC that was going to show every one East of us how to farm had his Richie brothers sale the other day. 4 years and he was done. Getting it rented now to a local guy for normal rent. Ah maybe were getting back to normal. Big land deal with Ontario teachers pension fund might not be as costly as first renter paid.

So have a Happy Easter and Enjoy time with family and friends.

Christ has risen. Ok I sound like Tom where are you.
    That's the sale I was asking you about earlier.
    He tried to farm from BC, told me he got $70/ac!!
    Did you go to sale? Wonder what that Case 485 went for, maybe it was a 435.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_140749.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	765500

Just going for a check run....minus one well used strap for the year....

Need no rain.

And the way the picture posted you would wonder how I got stuck going downhill...with an empty tank.
      Last edited by bucket; Apr 13, 2017, 07:11.

Comment

Sounds like a nasty storm going to PA, talking a ft of snow, ouch that would hurt.

Comment

Bigzee

Was Steiger 435 and sold for $195000

All his stuff sold for pretty high price

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
            Bigzee

Was Steiger 435 and sold for $195000

All his stuff sold for pretty high price
            Ya that's not cheap, but it had PTO.

Comment

RE wheat prices....what bounce?

Having said that the last 2 days price action in MWN could indicate an opening for some higher bids
              Keep throwing it at the wall sooner or later something will stick

Comment

I wasn't suppose to go and brother dropped in said we need dinner so went to look. Lots went very near top for prices. It' was a bs day with neighbors and friends. No wonder I don't realize the sale. Yea I don't think the guy who rented it paid 70.

Comment

ontario teachers fund has bought a huge swath of cattle country in I think northern territory not sure didn't take a lot of notice 15 mill must have happened about 4 months ago

Comment

Shit they are buying all over the place.

Oh well the crack has started near us they only got the rent they wanted from one guy the rest are lower.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Shit they are buying all over the place.

Oh well the crack has started near us they only got the rent they wanted from one guy the rest are lower.
                      Could they sell that redland for more than they paid right now? Heard the rent was 100

Comment

The south stuff that is rented for real high. Yes they would make money on it because of the package price for the property. But the rest from latest sales $235,000.00 a quarter which is a little under what they paid.

But some would get 400 plus and some 300 and some 160. So basically probably exactly what they purchased it for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...