• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Vimy stories or feelings to share.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Vimy stories or feelings to share.

100 years ago.
    Beautiful memorial service.
    Actors presenting young Canadian soldiers letters home are heartbreaking.
    So proud of their sacrifice.
    Lest we forget.

Yes it was a nice service and makes you proud to be Canadian. Nothing can unite a country like a military victory. This liberal idea of peace keeping where you stand around and watch while two groups butcher each other is just ridiculous.

In every conflict there is a good side and a bad side so get on the good side and fight like hell!!!!

Comment

My Grandfather fought and never told anyone of the terrible things he must if seen. I still have his metals and several german items he took off the enemy. Kind of makes me angry to think our beloved Justin is over there to take credit for many who sacrificed everthing. His Father great Pierre Elliot born in 1919 refused to fight and protested the war by riding around Montreal on his motorcycle while wearing a German Helmet.

Comment

I am so grateful for the peacefulness I live in. I can't image living somewhere where people's main goal is to survive day to day and just hope for the daily necessities of life.

Can Canada learn from the experiences, past and present, of other countries and areas and live harmoniously with each other's differences. Kumbaya.

Comment

2 of my great uncles died in the battle of Somme. They were fighting for the British, I found it interesting to find that they are still hounoured in there hometown in England. My great Gramdmother named her kids after her fallen brothers.

Comment

My maternal Grandfather was at Vimy. He was wounded in the hand then drove an ambulance after the wounds were attended to. His lungs were scarred from a gas attack there as well. He spent a lot of time in the Sanatorium at Ninette, MB when breathing was difficult. I remember as a young boy Grandma was often staying alone when he was away.

That's the thing I think of more often now. We always remember and pay tribute to the enlisted people yet, the spouse and families that lived and worked through what the war did to them as a result of missing a partner, son or daughter, sometimes forever, is something we often don't acknowledge enough.

Comment

An interesting snippet I heard on the coverage today - the German soldier that was transferred away from Vimy shortly before the battle - Adolf Hitler. If he'd have hung around it might have changed the course of history!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...