• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You suck DJT!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farma, Obama setup a program paying my bil and sister to "settle" Muslim refugees. Speaking of which, who got gassed? Christians or Muslims?

Comment

Mass outrage breaks out over the awful gassing of innocent men, women and children.
      Trump takes action
      Now there is mass outrage over the attempted protection of innocent men women and children

Hilary would have done what???

Can think of better ways to kick start the grain markets especially if putin gets involved and seems hes not happy
      Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 7, 2017, 06:10.

Comment

Does anyone have the military might to challenge the Americans? Let alone the technology to do it successfully? Remember Reagan's Star Wars? Would single volleyed missiles make it through to American targets? Would some, of a barrage of missiles, make it through? All while the Americans could likely strike unlimited targets In countries without anti guided missile defenses. Seems to me crippling a Superpower's military would best be accomplished by targeting their satellites! My how things have changed.

I'm sure the scariest part is we don't know what already exists or is being developed.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 7, 2017, 06:52.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          ....Now there is mass outrage over the attempted protection of innocent men women and children

....Hilary would have done what???
          I don't see much outrage other than from Putin - is there in Australia?

Hilary would have done more likely - she has always advocated cracking down on the Assad regime and it was the one thing she was critical of Obama on.

Unfortunately it is a largely symbolic gesture, destroying some infrastructure and maybe killing a few of the Syrian military but it doesn't touch Assad.

Comment

Farmaholic, "military might" isn't necessarily what it takes to achieve military success - winning the hearts and minds of the people on the ground is and that's a lesson the Americans have failed to learn. In Vietnam after the failure of the Tet offensive the Americans used their military might to "bomb the country back into the stoneage" - didn't result in victory for them in that conflict or in Korea or Afghanistan. While it would be nice to fight "clean" wars where you play from a distance with fancy weapons and don't need troops on the ground the reality is somewhat different. You've got to win the people over to change the country.

Comment

In Afghanistan we went as peace keepers (on the ground) . Think we kept the peace?

Gotta wonder what is more effective, ground troops or thunder from the sky. The sad part is that we can try all we want but these countries spend all their time praying and warring and no one is going to change them. Everyone looks to America and says, "Do something", well the Donald reacted. Now what?

Comment

grassfarmer.... hence the hate for the Americans in the Middle East. This area looks like it barely made it out of the stone age to start with and it seems to be continually bombed further back into it. Too much meddling to some extent. Is there a side that wouldn't blame the current state of affairs in the Middle East on American(or "coalition") meddling?

Comment

Trump is dealing with the previous administrations idle threats.
                  Either way this majority Islamic region in the Middle East will always be a hell hole.....Israel and a few other countries will be the exception.

Comment

Talk in US media of significant change in policy toward Russia and recent US trends toward isolationism.
                    Stay tuned.
                    Could be good news for European Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                      Could be good news for European Union.
                      How so?

Comment

Too many European countries are forgetting one of the main reasons for the EU was to avoid the protectionism and nationalism leading up to two world wars.
                        Maybe people will think again about opting out.

Comment

Think that in the shorter term, at least, danger of a major war and nuclear annihilation far outweighs that of global warming and climate change.
                          United States isolationism was a factor leading up to past world wars, would not like to see it leading up to a third one.

Comment

I would disagree with that Hopalong. The main reason for the original EEC or Common Market as it was also called were to facilitate trade between the founding countries. Only later, much later (from the 90s on) did the "European Union" emerge with the idea of being one superstate with monetary union etc. That I believe is why the UK wants to leave - at least in my families experience - we signed up to be part of a Common Market not part of a Superstate by default run by the Germans. I think the comparisons to the US anti immigrant attitudes is overplayed in Britains case - we just got sick of the burgeoning bureaucracy run by self-appointed officials accountable to no-one and losing our sovereignty and independence.

I certainly agree with your second post that these actions ramp up the risks of global conflict and nuclear war. That was what I was worried about when Trump was first elected. Any gung-ho ideas of attacking North Korea would amplify these risks by a factor of 10. Dangerous times.

Comment

Think you misunderstand, grassfarmer.
                              Saw reports in United States media that this missile action is a turnaround in policy toward Russian support for Syrian regime. Sort of a Trump turnaround.
                              Also a warning to North Korea and China.
                              Better for US to step in now rather than wait for things to get more out of hand.
                              My reading of history is that US was too isolationist in years leading up to world wars.
                              Better to stop a fire before it starts.
                              Same applies to a trade war where we can hope for another Trump turnaround

Comment

Oh, so you think the Trump administration with their inward looking closed border, anti-immigrant, protectionist, America first stance is them moving the country out of an isolationist era?
                                If so I disagree with you on that too LOL.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...