• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manitoba ag services

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba ag services

So I browsed that sight and really do they provide loans to farmers?

What type of loans?

Wow it appears their ag department ha s been given the green light to assist farmers? Or is this old and incorrect?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    So I browsed that sight and really do they provide loans to farmers?

What type of loans?

Wow it appears their ag department ha s been given the green light to assist farmers? Or is this old and incorrect?

Masc has been lending for a long time....

They are like fcc. Afsc (Alberta) has a similar program.

So do most other provinces except saskratchandwin

Comment

saskatchewan used to have a dept. called a.c.s.. a good example of governments should govern and not be in the lending business.

Comment

Thanks klause

I think the more options farmers have the better. It's like anything else if done right it would be an invaluable tool. But I guess if your in government and you want all your buddies to own the farm land you don't strive to have things like this.

From what I hear particularly good for smaller farms. And maybe instead of the input capital sharks types if people have equity why not have some additional help where normally would not be given.
        Sometimes it's cash flow that screws a farm up. And that is caused sometimes by a crop insurance or ag stability that is supposed to be there but fails. Or late harvests etc. Most of the guys with crop out will loose all those acres if they did not over winter since they are already above their coverages. Hundreds of millions in losses no one discusses.
        Instead kick in the balls more taxes fuel
        Education insurance. Thanks so much for the screwing

How about making our ag sector more competitive than than Alberta like we re trying to do with oil? All the breaks,oh wait I forgot our premier must not have shares in Alberta farms that were given to him.

How about helping farm communities instead of handing them the bills for the big boom.

and another thing how stupid to get rid of the Agrologists. In fact the mandate of those Agrologists should have been expanded to include independent in farm trials for different farming practices.
        Humic acids vs fungicide? I think that would be great. Instead of going backwards lie we are

And also where are the couriers going to drop off all the parts people order that used to travel on bus? What stc should have done is ran smaller units more efficient. Going to be a bigger hit to rural areas than people think.

Comment

Enough of criticizing input cap and sign up them acres.

9 outta 10 of your neighbors approve this message
          Iceman Out

Comment

You will not miss govt agronomy any more than you will miss the buses.

Comment

Time for prov governments to gut ag departments, put the funds into tax relief and agri programs directed to farms, crop insurance, etc.

Comment

Exactly MB grower! Too many sitting around handing out outdated info on things we can research on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
                  Exactly MB grower! Too many sitting around handing out outdated info on things we can research on the web.
                  True, but careful what you wish for.
                  Outdated, inefficient service is better than no service at all.
                  Similar argument can be applied to eliminating Canada Post letter carrier services in urban areas or turfing STC buses in rural Sask.
                  Those services (STC and Canada Post) may be costly and inefficient.
                  But once they're eliminated, you can bet that no one will be getting a tax refund.
                  Classic case of "scale back services but continue to collect the same amount of taxes."

Be It Resolved: Every tax dollar saved through service cuts should be returned to the taxpayer, not sent to Uncle Brad or JT to be spent on another hare-brained scheme that benefits no one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...