• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyphosate

Does anyone remember when you could preburn with a half liter of roundup and it worked effectively....yesterday an expert was saying you shouldn't just spray glyphosate by itself...

...resistance issues.

...half a liter probably wouldn't kill everything... some are tougher than others... Absinth, dandelion, hawk's beard, ****ing cleavers(a new species),.....

Comment

More about chem resistance

Comment

I remember a half liter would get small annual weeds but if you had any winter annuals or perennials a half liter never did much.

Comment

Spraying at less than a liter only tickles the weeds..makes them mad..
          Truflex next yr will certainly help.
          Or..maybe they are watering down round up..no..that would not happen.

Comment

Winter annuals are brutal. Unless a guy heats up the roundup it's only effective on small stuff. Last year I used 2/3 a litre and heat at the lower rate and control wasn't great. Later learned heat on bigger than tiny weeds was not great so next fields I went at the high rate with 2/3 l ru and that worked great. It gets pricy though. I wonder if a full litre of ru and a shot of 24d would work on my wheat and barley acres? Been using ag surf sometimes and that helps too.

Comment

When we paid $30 per litre, it killed grasses dead forever, guess Monsanto found water somewhere.
              Then on chem fallow mixed ammonium sulphate with a litre and everything was brown in 3 days!.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                Winter annuals are brutal. Unless a guy heats up the roundup it's only effective on small stuff. Last year I used 2/3 a litre and heat at the lower rate and control wasn't great. Later learned heat on bigger than tiny weeds was not great so next fields I went at the high rate with 2/3 l ru and that worked great. It gets pricy though. I wonder if a full litre of ru and a shot of 24d would work on my wheat and barley acres? Been using ag surf sometimes and that helps too.

Um... express? Works way better than that heat shit

Comment

Can someone refer me to a location that stocks bulk liquid AMS? around my parts its not common.

Comment

where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      where are you?
                      Se of Regina if I have to drive to manitoba so be it ive called every dealer in a 100 mile radius.

Comment

Would you buy a trailer load?

Liquid sulphur should be available at all Blairs retail locaions...

I.E. Lipton...

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Would you buy a trailer load?

Liquid sulphur should be available at all Blairs retail locaions...

I.E. Lipton...
                          Im only looking for a couple thousand gallons enough to treat my water for the year. Blairs carries Ammonia Thiosulphate ATS not Ammonia Sulphate. AMS has a desireable low PH and does a better job of negating the binding effect of hard warter ions from what I understand.
                          Last edited by biglentil; Mar 31, 2017, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            Im only looking for a couple thousand gallons enough to treat my water for the year. Blairs carries Ammonia Thiosulphate ATS not Ammonia Sulphate. AMS has a desireable low PH and does a better job of negating the binding effect of hard warter ions from what I understand.
                            I'm sure they can get it... or you could buy totes?

I buy ours at Humboldt coop but went back to buying it in jugs last year because we custom spray and some want it some don't easier to bill

Comment

what can you put in extra if seeding canola after ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...