• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3 Canada Coming to a City near you.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 Canada Coming to a City near you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7047.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	777536

Well as far as delivering to this place it will depend on what they have to offer. I like the fact our local two terminals now have some more competition. It is a good thing.

G3 Canada Ltd. will build two new primary elevators in Sask., further growing the company’s list of new facilities. To be built at Melville and Saskatoon, the two elevators will feature 34,000 and 42,000 tonnes of storage capacity, respectfully. Construction is scheduled to begin in April, with completion expected prior to the 2018 harvest.

Seen the loop track before at a elevator near Billings Mt train stays hooked together it is filled and on way to coast.

G3 with a network of loop tracks on the prairies and a port facility with the 4 train capacity should have very good logistics. ....there is only railways standing in their way.

Comment

We are sitting on a rail line that has two terminals on it... Richardson just east of Regina and Louis Dreyfus at Kegworth 125 Kms east of Regina. The rail line seems to be getting less and less yearly maintenance and we don't see many trains headed east to Kegworth. They do however receive service on the same rail from the east as well. I wonder if this line would still be open if it wasn't for the rumor that it is an alternative route for CN's mainline through Melville. The other factor likely affecting whether we will ever see another terminal built on it is that I believe it isn't heavy rail and highway infrastructure along and around it is basically secondary weight highway.

All this being said, we are still lucky with the amount of delivery opportunities that do exist around our farm within reasonable driving distance. Viterra, Richardson(2), Paterson, Louis Dreyfus, at Weyburn... Viterra, Richardson, P&H. Some special crops processing plants in the area as well(peas, lentils, canary, mustard).

Comment

I question why they would want to build another elevator at Saskatoon when G3 just built a elevator at Colonsay less than 5 years ago, 60kms west of Saskatoon.

Comment

The provincial government wonders why their highways are ****ed....consolidating elevators at cities and having farmers drive 2 hours might have something to do with it.

Comment

Can recall old argument in support of wheat board quota system, that, without it, those closest to elevators would fill them up at harvest time and ones farther away would be out of luck.
            We have moved on beyond that, most of us agree to leave it up to handling entities to locate facilities where it makes most business sense for them and without government control.
            As far as government subsidies or incentives to grain handlers or railways, treat with caution.

Comment

The point being does Saskatoon and moose jaw need 5 terminals each within 10 miles of the city limits?

I understand the labor is easier to find but trucking grain an hour east to deliver and then railing it west makes no sense for highways that are parallel to the highways.

At some point someone has to look at the resulting infrastructure costs that increase railways and grain cos profits on the backs of taxpayers highway costs.

Sure it's OK to say government can't tell private companies what to do but then those same companies can't send the infrastructure bill to government in the name of efficiency....there has to be a trade off.

Comment

I wonder which side of Saskatoon? The CP line through the city is really hated now
                Got LD at Aberdeen, Richardson at Warman, Cargill at Clavet, G3 already at Colonsay, P&H at Watrous and Biggar. Rosetown, Davidson have good facilities. Richardson W of Humboldt. Then there's Viterra's plant in Saskatoon with a about 105000 t capacity.
                G3 Colonsay put the hurt on Viterra Saskatoon and P&H Watrous.
                I think there was a build announced for Maymont a while ago too.wow

Comment

Have wondered for years why handlers did not build more capacity both in country and at port.
                  Many times the storage and carry cost in futures and basis levels looked like it would have made it profitable.
                  More storage at port would give handlers a stronger hand in dealing with railways.
                  Suspect there is a lingering lack of confidence among handlers that governments will not get drawn back into regulating things.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...