• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quebec delivers balanced budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have no problem giving quebec equalization if they were using Canadian oil .......

Comment

Time to end equalization and give Quebec an incentive to be more productive.

Comment

What prov. do you come from again chuck?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          Time to end equalization and give Quebec an incentive to be more productive.

If that was politically feasible why didn't Harper try to cut it? It will never happen because there is very little chance of getting elected without Quebec support. Do you have any evidence that productivity is lower in Quebec or is it because the economy is structurally different? And what happens in the future if the value of resources in western Canada are much lower and Alberta and Saskatchewan become have not provinces? The formulae can be tweaked but there is no appetite for scrapping equalization especially since the majority of the population is benefiting from the program. Ontario and Quebec residents are also contributing tax revenues towards equalization payments to themselves and other provinces. If the have provinces can't make a strong case for change then nothing will happen. Separation is just a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
            What prov. do you come from again chuck?
            I live Right here in Saskatchewan. And I believe the benefits of one time finite resources should be shared with all Canadians. Just because you are sitting on oil or potash doesn't make you a more deserving Canadian. And if you are not sitting on oil one who deserves less education or less healthcare. I think we are squandering our one time benefits from resources. Future generations will look back and say what the **** did you guys do with all the money? Did you save anything? Party on till it's all gone!!!
            Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 30, 2017, 08:33.

Comment

Nothing wrong with sharing, but the province with the resource should get more than their fair share. What happens when as you say,the resource runs out? And your left with a couple of strong prov.. ( quebec, ontario? ) and these huge prov. continue to squander their money, alta and sask will never see anything come back. Welfare doesn't build character. I'm tired of western money going east just to be squandered.

Comment

wish we could party like all the bombardier executives. 50% pay raise nice! thanks western Canada.

Comment

What a slap in the face they gave the rest of canada with that move.

Comment

Chuck you just explained the your support for the wheat board
                    You think we should all share regardless how productive you are.
                    Look at that map again and tell me how that Quebec has a balanced budget and Sask / Alta does not ?
                    I agree Alberta especially has squandered money , they were going down hill at $100 oil. We are 1/2 behind here in Sask.
                    so can we sustain a carbon tax on top ?
                    $100/ tn on fert ? And still give money away by the wheel barrel full to JT's x mass buddy with the island and mega millions to First Nations ?
                    Enjoy the main road you travel cause it's about to get far worse than any back road that you've ever traveled.
                    Schools will soon be K - 12 with one teacher . .... tell me I am wrong ..

Comment

But Quebec has higher social programs than we do.

Although maybe its cheaper to paying to keep them from moving here.

Comment

[QUOTE=sofa.king;342046]It's time to seperate I never thought I'd say this but I'm tired of getting fuked. Lol.[/QUO
                        at least if they'd give us a kiss with the f&$king , instead of telling us to f$&k off and no pipelines through their province that we pay for . what an arrogant bunch of spoiled f$&King babies . time to wean them off the tit

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          I live Right here in Saskatchewan. And I believe the benefits of one time finite resources should be shared with all Canadians. Just because you are sitting on oil or potash doesn't make you a more deserving Canadian. And if you are not sitting on oil one who deserves less education or less healthcare. I think we are squandering our one time benefits from resources. Future generations will look back and say what the **** did you guys do with all the money? Did you save anything? Party on till it's all gone!!!
                          so it's ok that we pay for their subsidized day care , education and now tax cuts???? while our taxes get raised when farmers here had a shitty year with lots of crop out ?? give me a break !

Comment

PETs revamp of UI changed the need to migrate to the work.
                            Ft Mac has done wonders for maritime family living standard.

It is not "equal" to allow Qbc higher social programs paid indirectly by transfer. That logic makes a carbon tax "nuetral".
                            But like a lazy wife. Is it cheaper to keep them where their at?

Comment

Water through a hydro plant is a resource....but I think differently.

Some of you may not have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                Water through a hydro plant is a resource....but I think differently.

Some of you may not have noticed.

LMAO..... At least your not afraid to think critically. Zealots can be dangerous! Keep calling bullshit when you see it....and hopefully everyone won't have to step in it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...