• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny Australia going Balls to Wall Canada Up just a bit.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm , a lot of 60-80 bus canola the past few years ....
    don't shoot the messenger lol

Comment

Furrow.....What do you put in your plan for target yeilds and budgeting? Spending based on using 60-80 bpa and and I'd be out of business long time ago.

Hope for much less than that!

Comment

well no lol, but no one here can deny that it is more of a trend.
        We have more and more guys achieving yields never before thought possible.
        We have seen more than most, yields cut but dry heat , but the trend is there and not by accident.
        Agronomics and weather play a big role as we all know but ...

Comment

Yes furrow yields are going up. Talk to most farmer that years ago did 50 lbs then 80 then 100 then greater now sulphur and boron etc. We're feeding the crop way more and it's raining more. But what was it two years ago no rain for months lots were scared shitless and then the rains came.

My comments were about a weather change pattern that takes us all back to a dryer time.

Will yields keep increasing?

Just saying I wonder?

Comment

Ultimately, without a REASONABLE AMOUNT OF RAIN, inputs alone can't compensate for a lack of moisture or for that matter way too much moisture either.... balance!

No doubt the bar has been raised but for as long as I can remember, before this last "wet" spell, we were always watching the western skies in anticipation of the next rain....it only takes a little timely rain to make a huge difference.....not an inch a week or dumps of 3-4 inches at a time. I used to say we farmed in a glorified desert, always waiting for the next rain.

So instead of saying getting back to normal weather....maybe we should say typical weather. Thank goodness for modern farming techniques. ...remember why direct seeding was first developed and widely adopted? Those days may just come back again!!!....right SF3?

Comment

You guys on the east side have been hammered with too much rain for a few years. My half arid pocket NW sask has been on a wetter trend since 03' but nothing excessive. Even 2013 wasn't too bad. We're in heavy soil that bakes and zero tillage has helped save moisture and reduce baking. All our sloughs are full but I've seen everything dry up by mid summer. Lucky we are North enough that evapotranspiration is not as fast as it is further south. We can hold on with sub moisture a bit longer provided our soil is covered from baking.

Comment

Im not saying i want a full blown drought but really the water dial could get turned back one or two notches.

Comment

any one under 30 for sure .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...