• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Ag Department

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Ag Department

Just thinking but how many of you use your local provincial ag rep? I know our local office is full of employees but I only go in there about once in three years to pick up the guide to crop protection book. I can't remember the last time I might have phoned them. Most of our local retailers have really good agronomists. I just wonder what they do all day?

What do you guys have access to?
    Here, King Ralph gutted most of it. Call a 1-800 with question.
    Not even sure if there is many offices anymore at all.
    Dont miss them.

Comment

I guess this would be a good place for Brad to save some money because it looks like nobody would miss them!

Comment

The ag department has been holding focus groups to find out what the extension offices can provide...

Comment

It would appear to me Sask's Extension service has been reduced to something blackpowder describes for Alberta. I've made calls to the offices so I would miss them. I think they've been reduced to the minimum level already from what they once were. As important as the Ag industry is to Sask I think it is important to have some level of extension service available..... unbiased. It's not like they are working for a ChemCo or Retailer who provides a service in hope of increasing sales of crop supplies! Unlike paid for services, you may not get anyone out of the extension service to the field like the old days when there were field ag reps working through the ministry. I enjoyed working with our last ministry ag rep....he was good and is still in the industry with a private company.

Comment

Farmaholic

Exactly....an unbiased opinion where someone isn't trying to ram some product down your throat....exactly the comments heard at the focus group.

That and some sort of regulator/enforcer for grain and cattle contracts....I couldn't believe the stories I heard.

Comment

If you want to see how Important Ag is to This government,go on Sask Ag website and TRY and find info on Ag issues.
              its like going down a rabbit hole, Lots of warm fuzzy slogans but no frickin INFO !!

Sask Ag USED to have world class web site with info on every Ag related topics. I now go to Albertas,Manitoba's ,Montana State and North Dakota but definitely not Sask as its too ****ed up

Comment

mustardman, if you can get all that important info from all those other website, I guess we might as well shut Sask'ys down, and save a bunch of money.

Comment

All these offices could be shut down. Most farmers can't remember the last time they were in the buildings.
                  My summer student jobs were with sask at and food. Times have changed its one thing that a toll free number could handle.

Comment

Its been decades here and I think it works fine.

One side benefit you sask guys will get. A wash of new private "experts" from out of govt.
                    Former AB Ag employees include the former manager of Oneearth and Pike MG.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...