• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report! and travel tips.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report! and travel tips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7381.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	777526

Well this was one useless week on the farm. Both Federal budget and Prov. budget happened on Wednesday. First the brain damaged willy wanka world of JT. Lets piss away all of Canada add a extra 30 Billion in Debt and take away freedom of speech and Tax deferred checks all in one day. Then you got Brad and the boys who made us all think we were getting a fuel tax exemption on both diesel and gas taken away but slip in a silent killer of Tax on all insurance programs. Add it up boys Gars, Hail insurance, Life insurance, Accident and sickness Insurance, Home and Property insurance, Equipment and building insurance, and Finally Crop insurance. This is one huge Mother of a tax grab and its not consumption my ass its on Inputs. So what don't insure to cut costs. F$%K$%s. Yes we have a plan but the insurance grab on every thing is huge. The gas tax and school tax and partial on Diesel I could of lived with but once you hit me on Imputs thats when i get pissed off. Slim margin just got way slimmer, May as well did a F$%ki9ng Carbon tax and call it a game set match.

AGggggggggggggggggg it makes you wonder each and every day if it isn't time to phone a Ontario farmer or Alberta farmer or China and say boys Im done you can play in the dirt Im out of this Shit hole. Canada is failing fast and from all accounts is run by complete morons. In Ottawa Liberals and NDP vote for the M Bill. Ah always said they were the same party. But in Deer old Sask we have a Budget that creams the Rural and city have to dig in a bit but it was balanced on backs of the rural. Wheats not Oil or Potash.

Name:	b5d8cf727154a0ba_Sazerac1.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	777527

Classic Sazerac

INGREDIENTS
    1 sugar cube
    8 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
    1/4 ounce of water
    3 ounces Old Overholt Rye
    Pernod Absinthe
    Ice
    Lemon peel
    DIRECTIONS
    In a mixing glass, soak the sugar cube with bitters and water. Using a wooden muddler, muddle until you achieve a paste; add in Old Overholt, rinsing off the muddler with the rye whiskey. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Chill by adding ice and stirring well with a bar spoon.
    Using a spray bottle, coat a chilled rocks glass with absinthe, spritzing all around the inside of the glass. Strain the rye whiskey mixture into the rocks glass.
    Twist the lemon peel to release its oils, and rub the peel, pith side down, along the rim of the rocks glass; discard the peel.
    Makes 1 drink.

Yum.

Ok for travel tip today here is a quick note if your living in Florida for the winter and have lots of family coming down get a Seasonal Disney pass After4 days you basically paid for it so if your kids are coming and bringing their kids and they want you along get the pass. Also get the florida Sun Pass for toll highways it will save you so much its not funny and no surprise tickets plus in and out of the Airport real easy.

Have a great week hopefully no Gov will take us a step backwards this week.

Name:	IMG_7925.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	777528

Americans still have lots and lots of Corn on the ground in Big Bags. Thats your Commodity market report.

A picture came to mind after your post SF3: Louis Armstrong sitting with his head in his hands and one of your cocktails singing, "No Body Knows the Trouble I've Seen". Sorry, I woke up with a dry sense of humour, better grab a little Sambuca in Orange Juice, that'll smarten me up for the day.

Comment

I just see we farmers get paid 1950 prices or lower and our inputs are 2017. Then the Gov starts taxing inputs just because, Then the Feds get rid of deferred checks and were off to the Races. Very little left for primary producers. Some think they are doing fine and moving ahead I'm saying its getting tougher each year to get up the nerve to put in a crop. Look at what a sale would generate and where i would move and you ask your self "W H Y" do we do it. Because were Farmers and you cant take the smell of fresh dirt out of us. But some days you really have to wonder.

Comment

Long, long ago, farmers had five-year averaging. Now, the cheap skates take away deferred cheques. If they would get the commissioners back at CGC, I wouldn't complain. I can't see why they aren't setting some regulations with the definition of basis and the consistency and proper grading. Usually the Liberals have been right on top with regulations - not so much now.

Comment

Defination of basis ,fair grading, never happen grain co. Feed money to goverments so they can control everything from bin to vessel.

Comment

Cleaning grain to be used in 2017. Every day I wonder why grow food for peanut prices and pay way to much for inputs. Happy Friday!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...