• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Then and now.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then and now.....

What a difference three years can make. But we are still positioned pretty darn good regardless. I think it was the spend like drunken sailors(no apology required because I don't think any sailors read Agriville) that hurt us. I can tell you one thing... we had a stellar year on this farm last year in the slum of the Ghetto...but I won't manage and budget my farm based on it! Caution and prudence would have helped Saskatchewan. We really aren't positioned much better for the future because of the Regina Bypass or a new football stadium. I doubt the economic spin offs from these projects will contribute much to our economy compared to their cost..... a very long payback at the very least.

Sell the ****ing stadium for a cost plus price or use a P3 model without government involvement. Entertainment is a consumption and should be taxed as well. The riders will be broke just because of this budget stupidity.

The ****ing bypass is Regina's problem....what happens in 30 years for both those projects?

Saskatoon thinks the rink needs to be replaced already. ...then what build them another?

Comment

Who in their right mind would buy that stadium in a province this small of population with snow 8 months of the year not covered????

Comment

Was just thinking don't say that too loud because these idiots willsell it for half price because no one will
        Have the money to upkeep it just watch.

Comment

History has taught us nothing. Oil and other commodity prices have bounced and crashed before but like kids in a candy store with a quarter in their pocket, , our politicians spent many times what they had in their pocket. No one asked , "do we need this or do we just want it"?

Comment

He is not perfect but still better than any of the alternative. I would say MUCH better!!

Comment

Agreed seldomseen....I just posted it as a comparison to where we are today. At least there is an attempt to control spending now. I reiterate my comment about caution and prudence, and unfortunately resource revenue crashed.

Comment

Yes caution and prudence and why governments can't figure that out. The overwhelming urge to spent other people money!

Comment

Tell me how he is better? We had all this money and in one year we re paying more for everything. Because of incompetence and the greed of oil
                  Of which he is owned by. Those are my opinions.

Do you or do you not think that there was all out theft, callusion, and fraud committed at the hub deal? Even if not legally proven do you or do you not believe it stinks? And what is that deal really about ? Is it not about people questioned as to believing they are above the law to fill their pockets and rip the rest of us off?is that the standard that is better than what we had?

The Ndp were horrible likely still horrible but if nothing else we probably got what we deserved today because if guilty we left the keys to all out crooks right there in front of us.

And in actuality the Ndp did manage the province as bad or good as where we are today. Possibly if they were in when oil was 100 it would have been just as good or bad now.

But it is a fact Wall was given 100 dollar oil economy and everyone was so eager to give him the credit for such great management as if he created 100 dollar oil. Well he didn't he spent 100 oil. Many benefited from 100 oil and they would have otherwise also. Oil followed wall because they own him.
                  That is obvious today as we don't see anything hit as hard as farmers and certainly not oil.

Was the stadium a good move?

Are the roads any better? Schools? Maybe in the cities but certainly not out in rural areas.

Comment

The land deal absolutely reeks! And I think you know thats how I feel from my previous posts.....they just got greedy and caught unlike some others!

Brad wasn't responsible for $140 oil let alone $100 oil.....they squandered an opportunity(free and cheap royalties) but would have as much been developed under the NDP? Sad part is we have to see if we are any further ahead because of the developement or was too much of the resource given away?

And just as Wall isn't responsible for $140 oil he sure isn't responsible for $28 oil either.

What they are responsible for is the management of the money and province.....

I can't honestly comment if there's anything in the budget that is going to cost the oil industry anything!

Comment

Yes I don't think anyone can say for sure this way or that way.
                      The Ndp likely would have asked more royalty and would the oil companies stayed out with 140 oil? I doubt it. Maybe not as much development but there would have been some for sure.

So who knows. It's everyone's opinion including mine on all of this.

It s obvious to me that farmers aren't a priority with the former Ndp or what we have now. Other than to use us because of the fact that we are devided.

Comment

The one thing blatantly obvious from both budgets is government is completely incapable of living within their means. They view us as an unending source of funding. Do we really work for them??? Wait til the rm's set their rates. Can they keep their hands off other people's money with a big fat reassessment coming? I highly doubt it. It's ironic that when commodity prices decline causing a reduction in govt revenue that they go to the same people that are affected by the same decline. Now really whether it's oil Co or farmers or potash we are all getting clipped by deflation. So we tighten our belts for $5 weed (wheat, but it's like a drug we keep growing it) then the 3 levels of govt pile on because they can't take a cut? Rough estimate my tax bill has gone up at minimum $10k. Where is the end in size of govt and who works for who? Because this is really looking like a state where we work for govt or their employees. I'm with farmaholic.

Comment

For the record, I want a wrecking ball through all three levels of govt. Kneecap the bastards

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...