• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Start phoning your MLA..Line is busy..wonder why?

Emailed the fool instead..
    Our mla is completely unconcerned. Two terms useless. Done nothing except pave a road from nearest town to his farm. Would be a waste of time calling him

Comment

mla's had a mad on about farmers, and because they do not have anything to do with their constituents anymore, they have no idea about what the situation is out here now. Time to purge the useless ones out.

Comment

**** me...... they can't be that out of touch.... alot of them have or have operated farms in the past.

Comment

Ancient proverb ( ok Ijust made it up)

Once the pig has its nose buried deeply in trough its ears become covered.

Comment

Good one Mcfarms, lol !!! Anyone see or hear anything regarding capital gains? Can't find anything on gov.ca website.

Comment

It's coming don't worry....

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                Richard5! They're adding more tax to farm diesel ! If it's not costing you more you must not be burning any !
                Wiseguy, I was only referring to the gas tax

Diesel will be more for my farm yes, am I totally happy, no but I can afford it. Diesel for 2016 was $15.89 per acre and 157,000 litres. If its a 4-5 cent per litre increase its not something to get really excited about.

What always bugged me is all the fuel consumed by farmers for truly not farm business. There are more diesel trucks with farm plates pulling campers and 100,000 boats at the lake every year and probably most are burning died diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                  Richard: Perhaps your analysis is way way off. I don't know one grain or livestock farmer that isn't dependent on diesel fuel. Now that all dyed diesel is subject to an extra 20% of 15 cents a liter of additional tax; the form for fuel tax exemption in Sask is still important; so just why wouldn't that paperwork still be important or else you might as well be filling allall your diesel at the pumps.

Hardly not an extra cost at all....not significant if 3 cents of additional tax isn't important and pennies don't count. What about PST (at 6% now) on insurance premiums. Maybe even crop insurance I would think. Should have been watching the provincial budget rather than the preempted head in the sand federal budget.

Not that anyone had much choice and some tv channels cut away from the live Federal minister's speech literally as soon as he began talking. An example of an analysis before "anything" had happened. Without a radio it would have been difficult to know there even was a provincial budget in real time.
                  One off, as I previously posted, my diesel cost was 15.89 per acre for the 2016 crop. This change won't break me. We truck our own grain also so very efficient on a per acre basis imo. 3 cent a litre won't hurt most operations and for those that only have fuel guzzling 3/4 ton diesel's (which I don't have a diesel truck) its only fair.

If we want to debate the tax on insurance I am all in. It doesn't really make sense since the premium is specific to one's own claim history.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...