• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget Day Fed and Provincial

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Day Fed and Provincial

Click image for larger version

Name:	17434769_10155326332269267_8152138355966790462_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	777523

So i have a real big question for every single Canadian do we do like every other jurisdiction in Canada and increase debt. The above photo proves that (chuck thats for you). Every province from Atlantic to Pacific to Arctic. Yet one lonely province in the centre of the country is doing the total opposite.

Funny example for slow people, when a City family has both working and one loses their job or is laid off the family cuts back costs trims expenses, sells sleds or jet skis and drops holidays. Thats like Saskatchewan with low oil or potash so in real world you cut back and continue on.

But in rest of Canada the same example would take a second mortgage out on their homes first or a line of credit or max you visa cards. ( Mulclair did that and he wanted to lead Canada remember thats for my NDP friends)And keep spending and going out for dinner, not at McDonalds but at the Diplomat. Put it on visa all is good. Sort of like playing the Fidel while Rome burnt.

Look at the total Debt of some provinces, They have more debt that total countries. Yet Climate change and other shit is good. sooner or later this all has to be paid back who is going to do it.

Now look at who is in charge in each province. Lots will spout today that the Sask party pissed it away. When reality is they paid our debt down and did fix roads and built schools etc. We were rolling.

But what ever todays budget has I'm actually proud of how Saskatchewan is run. How were the only place in Canada who wants a low Debt load and Balanced budget. Yes times are getting tougher but once we stabilize in oil and potash and other products go back up a bit we will be on way again to zero debt.

Alberta 45 Billion will take a few good years of oil to get that wiped out.

Ontario and Quebec will never unless they find the end of the rainbow.

And Ottawa well lets just say I always wanted to visit Greece, Oh wait i did and Were well on our way to getting their.

So to all my NDP and Liberal Friends I think we do have a plan, and we had a really good plan all way along.

SF3 Yes we know you are a fiscal conservative.

The 2 biggest budget items in every province are health and education spending. It is pretty easy to sit on the sidelines and take shots at governments. But I am sure you still want your farm tax breaks and direct ag. subsidies.

Brad Wall is going to have to raise taxes. Even he knows that you can't run a government on resource revenues that go up and down like a yoyo.

If he chooses a higher sales tax, he taxes low income people proportionately more than higher income people. I think he should tax higher income people like you more who seem to have endless time to vacation and obviously a lot of disposable income.

Why not take some your excess income and make sure low income single parents can put food on the table, pay the rent, put their kids in extra curricular activities and get some post secondary education.

That would be a better investment in the province than you spending alot of money outside the country on your continuous warm vacations.

Comment

Sask3, as I sit here in Alberta and watch the Notley crew spend money and build debt like there is no tomorrow I can only look to the east with envy and wish Brad Wall was the Premier of Alberta. No politician is perfect but from my viewpoint what is being done in Saskatchewan looks far more realistic than Alberta. And yes you are 100% correct government's all across Canada including the federal one continue to build debt.

What makes me laugh is the federal budget is being called an innovation budget. The problem with that is that once somebody in government figures out the next tech breakthrough it is already obsolete, government can't react quick enough. Unfortunately no government will be able to protect workers from all the job losses coming automation and artificial intelligence.

Comment

No chuck its about a plan vs Alberta as a example its like flushing the toilet.

Yes take the gas tax off on my farm.

Increase the PST

Get rid of useless funding of useless shit. Im all for gay pride and parades etc but sorry folks if you want a parade pay for it by your own self.

Nail out of province guys for hunting flat fee of 1000 dollars out of province fish licence 100.00.

Toll highway on the number one 20 as you enter from manitoba and 20 as you leave. Same on 16 just out of city offer a Open sky pass like florida so you just keep on trucking.

Put the school tax back on my land why not.

Just a few things I'm willing to add.

100 every time some one goes to the Emergency. Family doctor no problem but walk ins at emergency its 100 we take visa. If your on welfare they get the bill.

Let our natives own land on the reserves and thats a federal problem. Worry about your own before we bring any more people here first.

Bring back work gangs at prisons. Sorry i drove by guys picking trash in the ditch all way south. Funny two guys with guns vs 8 guys without. they picked and wow was it clean. Why not i ask.

Comment

Sf3

I rarely argue your points...which makes wonder if you are OK.

Let's go a step further and make it easier for Brad and Justin to find money.

Eliminate the capital gains tax exemption.

Tax the intergenerational transfer of farmland at market value.

It would be better not to say it's OK to eliminate little things fought for...because if you give them an inch they will take a mile...

Comment

I for one am so sick of hearing increase for health and education funding..same line I have heard since I was old enough to walk..is there ever a limit?

Comment

Partners there are more people to look after.

When you build more you have to staff it you have to upkeep it.

What single thing has caused the price of your inputs and cost of fArming to go up? Oil. When oil went to 100 we all paid through our asses for everything hat went up. Agreed or not? Think of cost of parts equipment labour for repairs? Am I correct or not?

Now the price of oil dropped to where everyone else in the world is saying is the norm. You know why it is the norm because there is no shortage of oil what so ever. While oil dropped to the normal level the cost of products caused by 100 oil were not dropped hence we have millionaires created and then the rest who now are having wage cutbacks increased taxes less service. When in fact the reality is that those people already have paid for the millionaires to be millionaires once. These people are losing ground even at keeping current wages and price of grain never mind taxing them more.

It's all a scam and brainwash. Look at how stupid and blind some are on here.

But I love it I've stopped fighting the stupidity and now I m rich. I don't feel totally great about it. But it's amazing what a gold level donation and some ass kissing gets you.
              Cheers!

Ah farming is terrible. Hahahaha

Comment

One of the major problems in Canuckistan is that if SK balances its budget, it will get hit up for higher transfer payments from the provinces that don't. That is why Canuskistan is doomed.

Comment

I agree with that. Especially if you owe any debt you should not have to contribute At minimum until debt is at 0 minimum. If you do contribute it should be specified who owes you the money back right down to the penny.

Comment

There are two farms. Farm A has $10 million in debt. Farm B has $1 million debt. So is Farm B in better financial shape? By looking just at debt the answer appears obvious. But what if Farm A is a large, vegetable operation which nets $5 million a year whereas Farm B is a small cow calf operation that nets $40,000 a year? Still think Farm B is better managed and more sustainable?

Sask3 wants you to believe Saskatchewan is so much better off because of Wall and has the lowest debt in Canada, but there is a lot more to consider than just provincial debt - especially when the chart of figures is a mash up from 3 sources likely each having different accounting methods.

For a more realistic picture of Saskatchewan finances I urge you to compare a much broader range of financial indicators including expenditures per capita, revenues per capita etc. I urge everyone to go to the Royal Bank comparison of provincial economies [URL="http://www.rbc.com/economics/economic-reports/pdf/provincial-forecasts/prov_fiscal.pdf"]http://www.rbc.com/economics/economic-reports/pdf/provincial-forecasts/prov_fiscal.pdf[/URL]

The picture is not nearly as rosy as Sask3 portrayal when you see that in the last year of actual data, Saskatchewan was nearly as bad as Alberta when looking at the %of budget balance to GDP (-1.9 vs -2.0) and the only other province worse was Newfoundland.

Or consider that Saskatchewan had the greatest percentage increase in public spending of any province last year. (expenditures up by 8.3% Alberta up by 1.2%) Makes you question which province is actually on a spending spree.

Or consider the chart on page 10 which shows Saskatchewan has the second highest program spending per capita of any province in Canada second only to Newfoundland.

Unfortunately Saskatchewan is not nearly in as good financial hands as Sask 3 wants you to believe

Comment

Hopefully you at least convinced yourself dml

Comment

Dmlfarmer

You are right.

....Brad and his buddies are fleecing us badly.

At least Grant Devine left a legacy that allowed the province to grow...

Wall gave the riders better facilities than the public....for 9 games a year.

Most taxpayers should be outraged with the 100 million dollar loan 80 million in grants and 25 million gift in naming rights....while he taxes the shit out of everyone else.

Comment

Wow DML that was inspiring!

Farm A I use to visit in my days with Ag canada. Drive up the driveway and all you thought was wtf am I doing wrong then you look at their RBC prepaired notes wow they borrowed to the guy till like the BTO from ND 18 mil debt potato etc farm with 10 mill of assets.

Now the same RBC managers and big wigs in Calgary or Toronto don't take the calls from him.

Sask will get out of this and move on Ontario Quebec Alberta I'm thinking not!

Now yes if our debt is gone in say 10 years and all the provinces you believe are doing so good keep piling on debt they will come and take from us and that's when we become SaskDakota. Just saying!

I would rather live in a province with a plan then what NUT case in Alberta is doing to a once great province or even Ontario what it use to be

Comment

Even if we have to do some belt tightening in Sask it is time to do it.
                            There is lots of fat to trim in ALL government sectors, it is a good sign to see the government wanting to make unpopular choices to balance the budget.

Alberta is ignoring the $10+ Billion deficit (based on $55/barrel oil).
                            Alberta is phasing out coal, spending $ to retrofit an Ag building in Lethbridge to solar panels and they are hiring an Ontario company to come into homes and change your light bulbs to LED.....lots of waste and there will be nothing to show for it other than expensive electricity after they are sent packing in 2 years.

Federal Liberal budget will be the first gender neutral budget? WTF?
                            There will be lots of talk and buzz words like inclusiveness, refugees, open borders, marijuana, selfies and all kinds of taxes on weather to make Suzuki proud.
                            Morneau is happy with $30+ billion deficits as long as they don't upset their eastern voting base. Count on it being a mess for the west but it won't change while we have a government ran by Montreal/Toronto MP's.
                            Will capital gains tax rates change?
                            Will rates of renewables in gasoline change?
                            More carbon taxes?

Comment

I have a novel idea. Why don't we wait and see what's in these budgets and then comment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...