• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok is it even worth Growing a Crop in 2017. Really What input will be cheaper.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking wheat only current break even is 1.8 t ha average historical yield 2 t ha not much fat in it here.

Many aussie farmers swing back to livestock wool and cross bred lamb in particular and cattle going well also.

Of the break crops canola seems the pick

Comment

Call me stupid but I cant see grain going much lower may shed another 20 maybe 30 cents a bushel, down to last years lows but basis well that's another kettle of fish

Currently forwards here around $220 port. Target is 250/260 and a sale will be made if its gets there sometime before harvest.

Great rains across much of Australia cropping regions in the last week and more forecast over next 2 weeks a tad early but subsoil moisture, unlike western Canada rain makes grain and usually cant have to much.

Re my break even with such early rains and lets say my yield becomes 2.6 t ha even at current prices changes the picture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...