• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorrycut and paste on our ongoing energy saga isn south australia. Good read

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as Canada there is not as much information and Ontario's numbers are out of date already on solar and wind. Saskpower is your best indication that wind is competitive. They are planning 1600 Mw of wind by 2030.

For Solar they are planning much less as I expect they want to test the water and wait for prices to come down. Canada also has import tariffs (Trump style protectionism at work) on panels to protect the manufacturing of solar panels in Ontario.

How long that will tariffs last is anyones guess.

Every country and region will have different cost and considerations. Western Canada has about as good of solar resources as Germany. They have about 40Gw of solar PV production on the best days if I remember correctly.

If solar and wind are integrated well with hydro and gas that can be more flexible, as wind and solar require flexible backup, then less fossil fuel will be used lowering carbon emissions.

If Saskpower and Brad Wall didn't think this will work why would they be planning on 1600Mw of wind? What would be the advantage?

So the quote I saw in Bloomberg at 2.4 cents per Kwh in the UAE is the cost to produce. This does not include transmission costs, profit etc. I don't have any idea what electricity costs consumers in the UAE? The main point is solar is coming in a lot less than new coal to produce in the UAE. That in itself is the point.

Comment

You should boogey down to the bank Chuckie, opportunity knocks!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...