• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N stabilizers for ammonia?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N stabilizers for ammonia?

Ok ok ok hold your horses every one because I know nothing about mud and should try new stuff etc.
    Yes we play in mud and have been changing how we fertilize the crop every year to beat the high moisture grow some kind of crop and not spend way more than needed!

Last fall we looked at a company that injected into our amonnia tanks a stabalizer etc. Lots of promise but hard on tank valves etc. So then a company came up with a injector into our system then out the colters. More cost another product to handle and should I just by extra ammonia and Fu$& the environment.

Well after searching found another option it's put into the delivery truck or into the fill line into your tank. No real ammonia odor no gas off lots of promise and yield advantage of 5 bus or better on wheat.

So is it another snake oil. Most hate smell of ammonia the way it gasses etc so if they controlled and actually got a huge benefit maybe it works. System pump supplied if I take for three years.

So it's either DOW or Agexplore?

So here is the question I want to do my part and not wreck the environment over applying ( chuck that's for you) yet get some sort of a extra profit out of gas that I know is leaching from all rain and not being made available!
    So any one try anything like this and what we're your results?
    Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Mar 17, 2017, 16:53.

N-serve is a proven product that works.

Lots of use in the states. lots of documentation supporting it's use just like NBPT for urea.

We did use some last yr but had a dry spring so no difference

Comment

The Dow product unless you add it after your tank can have serious issues with your tank. Then the whole cost of extra pump and container on your tank more weight.

The USA one seems simple maybe to simple and i like what i see. Cost isn't that bad either if you own your tanks already.

My theory is i might get the 20 ft back around sloughs that were losing each year due to mud.

Hey its a theory will try on 5000 acres as a test.in 2017.

Comment

Apparently it has been used for corn in the I-states for 30 years.
        According to Dow, cost of N-Serve is approximately $12/acre.

Main advantage I could see with it was getting a 3 week jump in fall.
        Doing a test in 2017 so will know more after harvest.

How corrosive is it?

Comment

Don't put into your tank the dow stuff. get the Inline pump and extra tank.

The USA stuff is into tank and dealer can do it. about 6 cents a lb or 6 bucks a acre to 7.

Comment

Any one use NzoneGL it's a anhydorous stabalizer

Comment

SF3 you get the nserve in nh3 delivered from factory in the states... not sure where you're getting this info from?

We don't own our tanks so don't really care on that.

I know you'll think it's snake oil but if you want to get back those acres around water humic acid and lots of it.

We have peas that grow right into the water because of that stuff.

Comment

Klause, what products do you use to apply the humic acid? Is it a liquid you spray on? Or a granule?

Comment

Coat the pulse seed with a slurry. Spray on wheat

Comment

It is going To be added coming out of the bullets so when it's pumped into my tanks I don't do anything just seed! We are Doing half acres this spring! I keep reading about it and am sold!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...