• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marching on to war?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marching on to war?

What else can you think after seeing the Trump administrations spending intentions? Do you "make America great again" by cutting funding to education and healthcare and spend it on defence? When the US military budget already exceeds that of the next 7 countries combined (China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, France, UK, India and Germany) what exactly is the justification for increased spending? Who are they trying to "outgun" that they haven't already?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.27.00 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	777517

It's not just to outgun others, the US Military has 1.5 million active personal and another 800k in reserve. The reason he is doing this is to try and create jobs, not just in military but in the Military Industrial Complex, with companies like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, and Northup Grumman they, will have massive contracts up for grabs and will hire substantially more people to meet the demand of the larger budget US Military.

I'll give him credit he is making certain sectors gain jobs. Worried about how it will affect others though.

Comment

Making jobs. I seen a program that said there was 48 million AK47s in the world, who manufactured them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
        It's not just to outgun others, the US Military has 1.5 million active personal and another 800k in reserve. The reason he is doing this is to try and create jobs, not just in military but in the Military Industrial Complex, with companies like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, and Northup Grumman they, will have massive contracts up for grabs and will hire substantially more people to meet the demand of the larger budget US Military.

I'll give him credit he is making certain sectors gain jobs. Worried about how it will affect others though.
        Why not fix the decaying infrastructure (like dams, roads, rail) and cities (Flint water system). This would put a whole lot more people to work than can be hired to build things only good for destruction. Or could it be the companies which would benefit are not owned/ managed/ shareholders by billionaire buddies looking to make a fortune from the military industrial complex

Comment

Trump is a winner. He will not be willingly "marching off to war" with the usa's war record. The only wars( I'm not talking skirmishes like Grenada I mean real war) they have won in the last 100 years have been after the commonwealth or someone else has helped soften the enemy physically and financially. If Trump starts a war he will be sure he can win it first.

Comment

The US can not afford health care for its people but can spend that much on the military.

WTF

Trump is scarey and dangerous.

Comment

Thank god for the USA and their military. Who else do expect to defend Western freedom? Canada and its dozen or so 40 year old cf18's?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
                Trump is a winner. He will not be willingly "marching off to war" with the usa's war record. The only wars( I'm not talking skirmishes like Grenada I mean real war) they have won in the last 100 years have been after the commonwealth or someone else has helped soften the enemy physically and financially. If Trump starts a war he will be sure he can win it first.
                While I agree with your analysis of American military success over 100 years I would disagree with your conclusion. He likes to tell everyone he is a winner - he is certainly a sore loser which is a concern in relation to the armed might under his control given his volatile and unpredictable temperament. I also question his judgement - remember this is the guy who claimed to know more about ISIS than his Generals - coming from a draft dodger with zero military knowledge.
                That aside what kind of war would he be preparing for that would need this kind of escalation of the arms race? Taking on the whole world combined? there is clearly no one country that could compete with the existing might of the US military let alone an expanded one.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  Thank god for the USA and their military. Who else do expect to defend Western freedom? Canada and its dozen or so 40 year old cf18's?
                  So who should we be most scared of - aliens or zombies?

Comment

My bet is that before his term is over, he will go to war with North Korea - especially if the fat little shit mocks the big man with the real nukes.

Comment

One of the biggest risks - and might just be for something as stupid as mocking Trump. Scary and dangerous situation.

Comment

What the hell does it matter if he was in the army. Most politicians didn't serve. Bill Clinton sure as hell didn't neither did the Kenyan

Comment

It's lions vs lambs. When someone has the power to send people into danger without having experienced the danger firsthand, it's harder to fully appreciate the graveness of the situation. There really is no greater responsibility.

Comment

i can see some of the cuts he made,

but the increase in military spending,
                            what is going on in his head is a mystery.

all of the above comments from posters apply.

get ready for war, but what war?

feed the industrial military complex . is that what made america great ?
                            a great make work project. for some , but in the long run unless you have a use .

this may be way out there, but if the USA decided not to pay it's bills.
                            default who can call them on it.

like what would or could china do.

is it really that far out, knowing how trump operates

Comment

How many drones did Obama send out creating refugees? Bombs and drones create refugees, not budgets. We wouldn't have them scampering across the border if a foreign govt didn't cause it. Side note, Remington is finally laying off employees, the biggest gun run of all time. Faith in govt .....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...