• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nfu survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nfu survey

Is everybody filling out survey time to expose thier shady grain grading and bull shit contracts.

Do you have to be a NFU member in order to fill out the survey?

Even if you don't need to be a member and a person is passionate about the topic, some people couldn't bring themselves to participate because they loathe the NFU too much. Same would likely be true if the WCWG was conducting the survey. The sides would rather lob shit grenades and hurl insults back and forth than work together towards a common goal that would benefit all farmers regardless of their ideology.

Comment

I did survey we will see if any thing is done with this.maybe our voice will be heard at lest us producers can put our two cents worth in .Hauling canola yesterday 112 car spot I think car mover broker down guy tells me they get fined 20,000 day because cars are not loaded train wont pick up loaded cars no one thier to fix it don't know if this is all true but perfect example why theirs vessels floating at port no grain thier .you would think they would have somebody out thier to fix it quickly.just pass fine on to producers back so ****ed up!

Comment

How does a 30000 tonne elevator go a month without a train?

And expect to operate any better than an old wooden elevator?

Comment

Totally agree. Put politics and personal feelings aside and do survey. If you think things are fine say so. Somehow we have to get all producer groups to get together on issues that affect us all in the same way. The survey is anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            How does a 30000 tonne elevator go a month without a train?

And expect to operate any better than an old wooden elevator?
            at least one elevator in tisdale has not had a car in 2017 !!!! thanks to CP . dec canola contracts not hauled yet

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              at least one elevator in tisdale has not had a car in 2017 !!!! thanks to CP . dec canola contracts not hauled yet
              Has CP not allocated that CO any cars or has that CO not allocated that elev any cars. Grain Co's tell RR where to spot cars. I believe. Trouble is they don’t want to spot unless they can load 100 cars to get insentives.

Comment

Absolutely right Wmoebis. Cos decide which point gets cars. Blame doesn't totally rest on RRs. I sometimes wonder if the old Bracken formula that used to be used for car allocation needs to be reinstated. This was a system where the more cars a delivery point shipped, the more they were eventually allocated (simplified). But, that was the the past.

The future really is up to farmers. Get a truck, your own or hire, and haul to where there is space. Contract and haul to crusher. There are companies I the US that will send you producer cars and others that will pick up on farm for US bound shipments.

Comment

As far as an NFU survey, their antics (NFU) cost us more than grain companies or poor rail performance combined. In fact, because the NFU opposed every attempt to put accountability into the system, or to build competitiveness, or to have real value added opportunities when the window was there to do such, well, the NFU IS ultimately responsible for any hurt you're feeling today.

Comment

Is there a difference between "take" and "cost"?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      As far as an NFU survey, their antics (NFU) cost us more than grain companies or poor rail performance combined. In fact, because the NFU opposed every attempt to put accountability into the system, or to build competitiveness, or to have real value added opportunities when the window was there to do such, well, the NFU IS ultimately responsible for any hurt you're feeling today.

Not nor ever was a NFU member but have followed very close. What has happened in industry with this and some other issues was definitely on thier radar all along. Even had speakers addressing them at some of there meetings. That is why we need open non partisan collaboration among farmers.
                      Last edited by wmoebis; Mar 11, 2017, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                        What a crock Braveheart - when did the NFU ever have the power and political might to cost farmers more than the grain companies and railways combined? Or are you blaming the NFU for everything you perceive was wrong with the CWB?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          What a crock Braveheart - when did the NFU ever have the power and political might to cost farmers more than the grain companies and railways combined? Or are you blaming the NFU for everything you perceive was wrong with the CWB?

I agree with you grassy. What are you going on about Braveheart? ????

The nfu has lots of liberal yuppyduppy city rooftop farmer types in it now but their core western members actually do know what's going on and are well versed in business and trade...

While I am an open market supporter, I agree with the statement that simply getting rid of the cwb so you can sell to the big three directly was a dumb reason to want the open market.

Our grain companies were poorly equipped to handle logistics and still have major issues with quality and salesmanship internationally.

Comment

Well said Klause.....

Comment

I will always say there was room for both systems-CWB and open market. It might not have been so convenient for Single desk and it might not have had all the power, but the industry would have been better off. The Harper government just never followed up. Ritz either didn't quite have it or Harper didn't let him finish the job properly. Now when the PC's phone my house every frickin day, I tell them to take a hike.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...