• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report! and travel tips.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report! and travel tips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	777505

Well i can honestly tell you it is dry in Kansas and storms in the northern area are starting early as we were all of a sudden in a Tornado warning then the Onstar came on and said a tornado is on the ground. We failed into a local radio station and they said on highway between mile marker 10 and 32. I said to my wife aren't we at mile marker 17. Trucks pulled over to hide on east side of over passes and some under (The radio said that wasn't a great place because your like in a funnel). One semi was on its side and another in the ditch. We were doing 80 and i guess were just miles ahead of it. The cell phones also got a message first tornado possibility then get off the roads a tornado is on the ground. Kansas City.

Heavy winds were unreal all this week.

Here is what i seen all way back. Florida they are going to cut winter seeded crops for feed. The number of winter wheat acres is got to be down all way back not as many as i have seen years ago when I would bring my parents home from Texas or Florida or Phoenix. Winter wheat is definitely furthest ahead for this time of year. Probably close to a month. South Dakota is greening up furthest south is already sprayed and fertilized and almost headed.

Early frost this year end of march could spell problems big problems for winter wheat.

Other thing i really noticed in the expensive land states the farmers really are cleaning up farms. Years ago old yard sites or big trees along creek or big tree dead in field they worked around. This winter all way back you could see track hoes and cats and sc****rs and tile machines doing work to clean up extra few acres. Funny one night having supper over heard a guy excited about renting his neighbours 11 acres along the creek.

Two major crops now in USA Corn and Soy. Did the JD tour with a guy and his son from Kentucky. Very interesting man. Winter wheat has to be done by early June to be able to seed to beans and still make a crop come late October. So some of our later varieties for Canada are actually being created for second crop areas in USA.

Name:	IMG_8886.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	777506

For the Deere Guys go see the Factory and tour the Museums even attended for a short time the Kintz Auction.

Name:	IMG_8996.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	777507

Name:	IMG_8926.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	777508

For the Friday cocktail report I just would like to explain how cheap some booze is in the USA related to canada. Bin 40 wine we paid at Walmart $4.90 a bottle. Compare that in Canada.

Travel tip hotels are getting more expensive in the USA. If you want one under a 70 its probably not that great. $100 to 120 is normal yes add exchange and its expensive but what sleep in the Vehicle at a road side stop that most states have and yes their is a guard on site on most. They tell you which ones are.

The Florida Turn pike is a amazing highway yes you pay but only ones on are the ones that pay. The only gas and service areas are in the centre of freeway and you even have sprayers that will spray water on your window if you have to many bugs.

Funny other thing White Black Hispanic Cuban chineese, Rich poor and even really poor seem to want to give Trump a chance and don't Trust what Obama and Hillary left behind plus the Media in USA is out of touch. Only ones who are really pissed are Media and Stars and talk show hosts. You can spot a Hillary supporter a mile away. Americans seem really happy with whats going on. Had supper one night beside a young African American and his family they asked where we were from and what we thought of Trump and how much he was happy the pipeline will get built so he could be back working full time. Obama blew that one big time.

Name:	IMG_8943.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	777509

Spring is just around the corner and the Grey Goose is almost home. Funny in South Dakota this morning the Snow geese are covering fields and moving north.

Have a great day time to get back to work.

Name:	IMG_8946.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	765446

Where all the Canadian oats goes or most. Rail yard all or 90% canadian rail cars.

Name:	IMG_8878.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	765447

Winter wheat in north Iowa

Name:	IMG_8872.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	765448

For the Environment save the planet guys.

Comment

We need a Donald chump here. Why do these small time outfits even bother to farm or any other business. If you can't take it to scale don't bother go work for someone that knows how to run things. Someone that takes advantage of low wages, politicians and lawyers that can be bought.

The news is so rigged no way more Americans voted for Sillary. I spend 3 months in Arizona per year everyone that has money voted trump the losers lazy and weak voted Sillary. What's wrong with grabbing p--sy anyway? God I love women but only good looking ones the rest shouldn't bother wasting my time.
      So what if chump owes Russia and China billions in debt? What does that have to do with running a country. There times when you have to go bankrupt it's a right and law to do so. Sometimes it's good business policy. Look at the broads acres etc. Took lenders for the ride they deserved then pull out millions in salary. That's just good business management. People that have nothing just don't understand that concept. Lenders like FCC got took according to idiots on here. But I salute them taking a chance on big up to scale outfits with low equity but high quality figures.

Costs of farming going up and up. But if you can't afford it get out. Lentils and soybeans if you don't have land for it get out. It s not fair. We re getting ripped off it doesn't work out the cost of land and 6 dollar wheat????? 2:50 feed barley????
      Got to go pick out my new Deere tracks tracks tracks. Boys if you can't afford ten get out.

Comment

Good US crop report.

Where was the Quaker Oats location?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          Good US crop report.

Where was the Quaker Oats location?
          Got a free trip to the one in Illinois. Pepsi is one hell of a company. Coke is better to drink. But get free Pepsi with all the
          Oats we sell.

Big acres big benefits. Oats was a dud this year. Can't move it. Bins and bins.
          Grain bags all over. They come crawlin once the small outfits dry up.

Comment

BTO is back in fine form.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              BTO is back in fine form.
              Yup! Big mouth = small dick. Great report SF3. Are you invigorated now for the up coming cropping season?

Comment

Appreciate the time and effort you put into reports.
                Have had contact with many Americans and others on travels this past winter.
                Surprised at the degree of polarization over Trump and Brexit, even citizens of other countries.
                Thankful that our own government is as close to centre of political spectrum as it is.

Comment

Yea expensive land is causing farmers down their to clean up old yard sites get a extra 5 acres along creeks get rid of great great grandfathers old dead tree that no one comes to see any more.

Tile is going on seen that all over the place, yet canada cant get their shit together.

Winter wheat is less acres than normal and way ahead of normal.

Snow Geese in SD

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...