• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off topic but whats new

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off topic but whats new

just upgraded a few weeks ago from my prescription reading glasses to new fandangled transitions which go dark in sunlight and have three levels of vision bottom one third of lens for reading middle section for tv etc bit further away and top one third for driving.

now the scary bit $900 lens about 400 and darn frames 500 but private health cover knocked about $300 of total cost.

you guys got same problems in kanuck land expensive glasses??? I could go to Thailand or malyasia with lens required a "script" and get them for maybe 250 pay for airfare nearly. Our optical industry is helter skelter no regualtions on what can and cant be charged unlike doctors etc.

I'm a 63 vintage ,Alas when I was young my vision was perfect all I needed was beer googles on Friday and Saturday night and all was well..............hope fully ive not offended anyone lol or the young bucks may not know what beer goggles are!!!! sask3 will

Comment

Try Zeni online. I use the same prescription. Had 20/20 all my life till late 40s then wham.

Get all your info from the eye DR.

Save you lots, I ordered four pair before winter and all turned out excellent.

Comment

Five years ago i paid 800. for progressive lens glasses. Not cheap here, i buy local, maybe cheaper in the city but prefer to buy local.

Comment

I have progressive lenses,about the least expensive,with frame and lenses,was about $600-$700,that was 6 years ago.Last spring I tried and ordered online,from EyeBuyDirect.My order was shipped from Vancouver to Sask. Total cost was $159.I am well satisfied,plus a 75% saving.

Comment

I have progressive lenses,about the least expensive,with frame and lenses,was about $600-$700,that was 6 years ago.Last spring I tried and ordered online,from EyeBuyDirect.My order was shipped from Vancouver to Sask. Total cost was $159.I am well satisfied,plus a 75% saving.

Comment

Comment

Blind as a bat wear so a strong prescription progressive lenses. At local optometrist glasses are over 1000$. I get mine thru Zenni every 2 years for last 8 years. Zenni cost is 119$ so i always get 2 pairs. Last time i got free 50/50 glasses for TV/Computer and a full lens reading pair. Never a problem. One time had a pair came with a nose piece put on crooked. Chatted online sent them a picture and got a free replacement pair no questions asked.

Comment

Buy online, good quality and cheap price. Some sites even measure your face with an app. big rip off paying 800 to 1000 for a little bit of plastic.

Comment

In Saskatoon, Costco has an optometrist and glasses/contact lenses section.

They seem to be competitive for pricing. Quite a savings over optometrist for glasses.

Comment

We go to the optometrist every 2 yrs for the eye exam to make sure nothing bad is happening with eyes.Don't need any unforeseen issues..family has a history of problems..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...