• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advancing Women In Agriculture Conference Highlights and Photos.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advancing Women In Agriculture Conference Highlights and Photos.

Nicole and Carolyn from Farms.com and AgCareers.com are attending the Advancing Women Conference in Calgary this week and are sending photos and tweets. Farms.com and Agriville.com are one of the Media sponsors and supporting this event.
    Drop by the AgCareers.com and Farms.com booth and say hi.

On Twitter you can follow the [URL="http://www.Twitter.com/Agriville"]www.Twitter.com/Agriville[/URL] account or #AWCWest2017 hashtag.

Here are a few photos from the event.

Great crowd of almost 500 women in agriculture attending.

Click image for larger version

Name:	awc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	765440

Comment

Speaker Jolene Brown

Name:	awc4.jpg
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	765441

Comment

Trish Jordan presentation was a hit.

Name:	awc3.jpg
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	765442

Comment

Great networking and learning.

Name:	awc2.jpg
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	765443

Comment

Sounds like it was a hit. Glad to hear the attendance figures were that high.

Comment

I wish they would hold this earlier in the winter, by March we are too far in seed mode to attend as a rule.

Comment

I wish they wouldn't hold them in the big cities. I hate driving in them LOL

Comment

Why?

I don't understand why we need a conference solely devoted to women. What outrage there would be if there was an advancing men in agriculture conference. I don't see any doors being closed to women. It's like 'we need a special status conference so we don't have special status on the farm'.
                  I'm sure my comments won't be popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudge View Post
                    I don't understand why we need a conference solely devoted to women. What outrage there would be if there was an advancing men in agriculture conference. I don't see any doors being closed to women. It's like 'we need a special status conference so we don't have special status on the farm'.
                    I'm sure my comments won't be popular.
                    Would you be more comfortable in a conference full of men or would you be more comfortable in a conference full of women as the only man?

There's lots of conferences that are majorly men, whether they're titled Conferences for Dudes or not. It can be very intimidating and women can feel like they constantly have to prove themselves (whether they do or not isn't the point) so many times they won't even go. It's much less intimidating to think of going somewhere to learn with women a lot of the time. Hence the women calving clinic and women animal management presentation thing I can't think of the name of.

Men like to get together with other men, women like to get together with other women. Nothing wrong with it.

I would go to an event specified as a Woman's clinic before just a generic all open event. That's where my comfort level is at.

Comment

And for that matter, it's nice to just get out and meet like minded women as friends. I work with all men and could easily go weeks without seeing another woman. It's fun to have opportunity to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        Would you be more comfortable in a conference full of men or would you be more comfortable in a conference full of women as the only man?

There's lots of conferences that are majorly men, whether they're titled Conferences for Dudes or not. It can be very intimidating and women can feel like they constantly have to prove themselves (whether they do or not isn't the point) so many times they won't even go. It's much less intimidating to think of going somewhere to learn with women a lot of the time. Hence the women calving clinic and women animal management presentation thing I can't think of the name of.

Men like to get together with other men, women like to get together with other women. Nothing wrong with it.

I would go to an event specified as a Woman's clinic before just a generic all open event. That's where my comfort level is at.
                        Those are fair comments. I'm not saying there is no good that comes from this event. I've never really considered that women might feel intimidated at some events. Any conference I've ever been at I learn as much or more from women. Of note, the women presenting at this conference speak powerfully and are held in the highest esteem wherever they may be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...