• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brier Curling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brier Curling

Anyone enjoying brier? I can't watch it. The Scotties were so much better.

I have a problem watching the SK team when the skip is from PEI. Could you imagine for strange reason if it took an out of province skip to end our winless drought and win it all? LOL
    It's ok Rick Folk your team will still be the last SK team to have your names engraved.
    Hope Gushue wins it, he deserves it!!
    If not him Jacobs!!

Comment

like watching.Pat Simons was a Sask skip that went to another province.Hoping for a Koe McEwan final.

Comment

I'm finding the Briar a little boring compared to the drama that was Team Englot vs Rchael Homan.

Brad Gushue is one of the nice guys you'll ever meet He was the motivational speaker at an event I was at a few years ago. He had his gold medal to pass around and had a great message on setting and achieving goals.

I'm hoping for a MB vs NL final.

I still don't like the "new" sweeping (one person). We used to sweep end to end with corn brooms or rink rats, two sweepers. We could really take a light rock a long ways.

Comment

I only watched the bronze and gold medal games of the Scotties. Only saw a couple of snippets of the Brier so far. Next year its in Regina...who knows, maybe take in a draw if someone gives me tickets if it not too much to expect. Like our Ag supply retailers are getting tickets to NHL games and Caribbean hot holidays.....

Comment

I think Rachel Homan can take on any of the men's teams, maybe not McEwen. He just beat New Brunswick after being down 3-7, I think in 7th end. He is top of the pile today.

Hopefully Saskatchewan puts together some Rockem-Sockem teams for next year, maybe someone from Kronau. Curling has always been big during the long prairie winters. Remember all those local bonspiels with rink burgers and lemon pies? I miss those good ole days when Lenny came to ladies' bonspiel just to wait for the biggest end, never forget what he got. haha

Comment

I agree re Homan. What amazes me about her team is how they practice and use different releases for different ice conditions. I used to have trouble releasing it on the broom with only one technique. By the way, how jacked is Joanne Courtenay? I think she could outwrestle Jacobs team.

Comment

This women's play men experiment has already been done with Homans team. Did not go overly well for her. Manitoba turn to win it all this year. Sorry Gushue will shat the bed again in front of his hometown fans

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...