• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blizzard

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    nor is +7 a remarkable temp for the prairies for March , but get three days of that and listen to the cult fire up
    I've been around here a long time and I don't remember a -37 on the tenth of March
    I thought we all learned the new rules by now. Warm temps are definitive signs of global warming. Cold temps are just weather. Get with the program. Except of course when cold temps are also sure signs of global warming. See, it is all so simple to understand.

Comment

If you guys are having trouble understanding climate change just ask my buddy Leonardo Dicaprio, he can explain it to you!

Bit of a circus going on in AB cause parks canada denied a film permit to shoot in the mountains. The industry is pointing to that Revenant movie how good it was for the industry. All I can remember from it is Dicaprio saying he saw climate change with his own eyes cause he saw a Chinook.

I'm often surprised when both record highs and lows are often 100 plus years ago.

Comment

[URL="http://www.chron.com/news/science-environment/article/Video-NASA-timelapse-footage-shows-Arctic-Sea-10424673.php"]http://www.chron.com/news/science-environment/article/Video-NASA-timelapse-footage-shows-Arctic-Sea-10424673.php[/URL]

Explain this

Comment

One volcano spews out more Co2 than all the burning of fossil fuels. You can join the Union of Concerned Scientists. They would love your donations because not only do they fight against the big bad oil companies, they are fighting for racial equality. But just to say there are just a few "scientists" there and they "extrapolate" data for the past 65 million years from climate archives that report CO2 levels. And they "need your support". And they believe they have proof because the atmospheric CO2 at Mauna Loa Hawaii was 315 ppm in 1958 and 385 ppm in 2010 and CO2 over the past 800,000 years is less than 200 and 300. I bet there are lots of archives that were recording CO2 for past 65 million years - What a crock!

Comment

Great thread regarding how hard this type of weather is for cattle farmers. Had cattle for many years but sold them several years ago. This type of weather was always of great concern during calving season, many of nights checking to make sure everything is ok. Great comments from those of you sharing your experiences, then bullshit like this has to come up and derail the whole thread;

"-37 here this morning , coldest day of the winter so far, not hearing a peep outta global warming cult"

I guess it all depends on who starts the piss fight to make it ok!

Comment

Sumdum: it is pretty hard to take you seriously when your reply to my question basically says climate change is a big lie, when your first statement that a single volcano puts out more CO2 than man does is totally untrue. Even all the volcanos in the world put out less than a couple of percent that man does each year.

But I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Please provide me with a factual website backing your claim about volcanos.

Before you do, make sure that your source is better than these:

_According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. Despite the arguments to the contrary, the facts speak for themselves: Greenhouse gas emissions from volcanoes comprise less than one percent of those generated by today’s human endeavors.

Oregon State U: Carbon Dioxide
              Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time. Gerlach (1991) estimated a total global release of 3-4 x 10E12 mol/yr from volcanoes. While this is a conservative estimate, man-made (anthropogenic) CO2 emissions overwhelm this estimate by at least 150 times

Even Snopes says your claim is false: Here is a small part of Snopes reasoning:
              Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal, “No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011).

The published estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial (on land) and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year (Gerlach, 1991; Varekamp et al., 1992; Allard, 1992; Sano and Williams, 1996; Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998). The preferred global estimates of the authors of these studies range from about 0.15 to 0.26 gigaton per year. The 35-gigaton projected anthropogenic CO2 emission for 2010 is about 80 to 270 times larger than the respective maximum and minimum annual global volcanic CO2 emission estimates. It is 135 times larger than the highest preferred global volcanic CO2 estimate of 0.26 gigaton per year (Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998).

So instead of perpetuating a myth, please just answer my question about what is happening in the video I posted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...