• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's Presidential address to Congress

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Presidential address to Congress

Spend spend SPENT! Sounds like everyone wants to spend their way to prosperity. A trillion for infrastructure. He said they US spent 6 trillion in the middle east...what to show for it? Ouch!

He at least appeared somewhat professional because the address was all read from a prepared statement off a teleprompter.....not his off the cuff loose canon ways.

it would be interesting to see what this guy is spending per capita compared to the U.S. i'll bet were not far behind and will have SFA to show for it either??? except maybe a bunch more mouths to feed

Comment

I watched the speech with a bunch of Americans in a bar in orange lake last night.

I would say 90 percent like the guy and what he is doing. Most are hating the celebrities that entertain people for a living.

This group was Latino, black, white oriental, Cuban Mexican. Old young middle class and high rollers.

He hit the nail on the head with spending on infrastructure and that all the money they pissed away in the Middle East was a waste.

The widow had lots tear up.

Most laughed at Nancy P who sat their like a lump of shit.

I honestly came away from the evening with wow I wish Canada had some one with Balls who wanted to make Canada great again and get people working.

But boy wonder and the CBC probably thought the speech was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Spend spend SPENT! Sounds like everyone wants to spend their way to prosperity. A trillion for infrastructure. He said they US spent 6 trillion in the middle east...what to show for it? Ouch!
        Worse yet, a lot of his spending will not generate long term growth. $54 billion more for military buildup??? The US military already spends more on the military than the next 14 nations COMBINED! There is no long term growth from military spending - it is a one time reward to the billionaire defense contractors.
        http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp

And 20+ Billion for his legacy Wall. Someone needs to point out that airplanes and boats also carry drugs and people.

And his pledge of massive tax cuts means all his promises are going to have to be debt financed.

It is easy to promise the moon if you do not have to explain how you actually plan to pay for all your promises.

This was no conservative plan!

Biggest laugh was he only named one foreign leader by name in his speech and actually praised his work and indicated he is going to work with him... Justin Trudeau.

Comment

Stock markets are now on a sugar high, but ironically the U.S. economy is now showing more signs of a slowdown.

4th quarter U.S. GDP was again projected at just 1.9% this week. Consumer spending is slowing. Retail appears in trouble with bankruptcies daily. Believe the U.S. Federal Reserve still will not hike rates in March (despite all the media hype) . . . the risk remains too high for overstretched consumer debt.

We are witnessing ongoing historic U.S. stock markets highs and the largest financial bubble in history.
          But Warren Buffet stated this week . . . 'stocks are still cheap' . . . .

Comment

The Americans have been sucked in by the biggest flim-flam man ever. How will the wall help infrastructure? Increase in military to beef up nuclear weapons? He has stoked the stock markets by promising tax cuts and deregulation. Trump has never been a friend of the common person.

Comment

Really watch it again the democrats were like spoiled little kids. Nancy was making funny faces.

Trumps biggest problem besides media is the Obama Hillary pawns left behind that are out to get trump with leaks. Fire them all.

Obama did shit all for normal blacks in America.

Actors yes actors who most never graduated from high school let alone college are telling people what's wrong with America under trump.

Comment

Have yet to see a politician be a friend of the common person, unless of course it's their close buddies . Ask Bill Boyd, or better yet his common person buddies.
                Or the many NDP or Liberal common person buddies - they all do it .
                Most life long politicians, not all , are con artists who think they are above he working class . They all want the billionaire life style without actually working for it .
                Anyway , have not watched Trumps whole speech , just a few snippets.
                It will be interesting to watch his first year unfold - that's for sure.
                Tried to watch CNN after but wow those clowns need mental help still.

Comment

fully agree Errol. And the closed boarder policies (which are going to increase costs for consumers when their clothes and basic goods that are now produced in third world countries for pennies are going to have to be made in the US at US wage rates) have not even been implemented yet. Wait until you see the slowdown in the economy then.

Plus the manufacturers, faced with huge hikes in labor costs, unable to price their goods competitively in the world markets and with consumers unwilling to pay double or triple what they used to pay for basic goods will then use their new found tax savings and credits from Trump to replace expensive labor with automation; further reducing demand as people lose their jobs as machines replace them.

The only difference with Trump economics from Bush economics that led to the 2009 crash is Trump is starting out from an even weaker economic position and is promising much greater spending than Bush. I doubt if the economy can survive four years of voodoo economics so the crash will happen on Trump's watch. And I fear what his reaction will be.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Really watch it again the democrats were like spoiled little kids. Nancy was making funny faces.

Trumps biggest problem besides media is the Obama Hillary pawns left behind that are out to get trump with leaks. Fire them all.

Obama did shit all for normal blacks in America.

Actors yes actors who most never graduated from high school let alone college are telling people what's wrong with America under trump.

FIRE THEM ALL, is right. They are not waiting a minute to stab Trump in the back.

Comment

The biggest risk to grain farmers is the renewable fuel standard is on the table again. Are you guys ready to support Trump and his pro oil agenda if he cuts ethanol and biodiesel? The oil industry does not like it. And if they get rid of it or cut it the effect on grain prices will be huge.

Comment

Ummm , why did the grain markets rally yesterday , and still up this morning ??

Comment

For me, liking Trump in certain areas and supporting all his policies are 2 different things.
                          I think ethanol safe for now given that corn belt Trump states?

Having said that I hope we get to speed on the new unilateral trade deal world we live in.

In the past didnt cost us much to keep supply mngmnt. Different now?
                          Shes gone eventually.

Consumption of news has seen a paridigm shift. Who writes it, how, how its paid for, by whome, how its absorbed, everything.

Necessary main stream media all went to same schools, same profs.
                          Difficult to find blind information. CBC of course extreme example requiring a flamethrower.

Idolation of a group created elitism eventually the Hollywood bubble. Too much power for their understanding of common problems.
                          Anybody read Reagan or J Wayne biograpies??? Boy, those days are gone. Anyone over 40ish give a shit what Hollywood thinks?? Their income slides with each target age group.

Risks are up trade wise maybe but I believe Hillary would have had large risks for us too.

Boy Wonder can score points on both sides of border in front of the camera and leave the bloodsport to work on its own.

Difference now and 80s for example??
                          Will protectionism create huge US subsidies?? No
                          Competition now world wide.
                          Int rates different for now.

Sure we have risks but I dont think DT will greatly increase them any more than anyone else.
                          Besides lets face it. The libtard hypocrits needed a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            I would say 90 percent like the guy and what he is doing.
                            The facts would suggest otherwise - 38% approval rating, the lowest ever for a President this early in his term I believe. Nice try with your alternate facts though SF3.

Comment

Myself, I've never been polled.
                              Guess I dont fit in their average.
                              Polls had Hillary winning too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...