• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JT sunny ways - tax seniors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT sunny ways - tax seniors

Hope I'm wrong on this, haven't studied it all:

Notice in mail JT will tax health insurance plans.
    So if your employed and your employer has employee health coverage, your both going to be taxed 2.5% on your portion of the plan.
    But seniors, usually retired, pay 100% of health plans so will pay the 2.5% on all of it.

Hope I'm wrong, need to dig into it.

2.5% of what? the premium? I am a retired federal bureaucrat and my health premium is $57/ month so would I pay $1.25?

Comment

You would think they'd tax the benefit not the premium cost.

Comment

I believe farmaholic has it right.
        There has been an investigation by the federal Liberals regarding the benefits of employer paid medical/dental plans would no longer be exempted for income tax.

Not sure whether there is an official change or not, will have to wait for budget details.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          2.5% of what? the premium? I am a retired federal bureaucrat and my health premium is $57/ month so would I pay $1.25?
          That explains a lot.

Comment

Wait until Justin quietly throws in a tax on capital gains on the selling of farmland.....

Every government has been eyeing that windfall up for quite a while....

Comment

Be nice tweety!

Comment

Who has a plan that costs only 57 a month.

Wow since my wife retired our family plan costs us 257.00 a month and I just found out that my crown isn't covered on new plan but was on old. This plan covers two teens till they are out of university then it drops to 200 a month.

But watch that little prick he will have a inheritance tax in place and hit capital gains.

Spend spend spend on shit, tax the old to pay.

Idiot.

Comment

Saskfarmer, these low interest rates are a tax on seniors and savers. They have taxed all the interest income away so that the governments can fritter it all away.

When our parents retired they were getting 15-20% on life-time annuities. As little as $250,000 invested netted them $5000/month for life. Today they might get peanuts or maybe just the shell.

Comment

Maybe a better financial planner.

JT is a spender like his old man. On useless shit then when the finance department tells a Trudeau it doesn't add up they come in with useless tax on every thing!

Make canada great again let the kid go!

Comment

Well s/f , JT is not going anywhere for at least 4 maybe 8 years . After that he will have the golden ticket to the UN . So in between time We as farmers and Canadians just hope we don't get swiped off the face of the earth with bad policies like the carbon tax .

Comment

I agree but starting to think he is done once election in Ontario happens! Quebec people down in Florida are pissed at him and won't vote for him next time! I didn't expect that so mathematically if Ontario goes con and Quebec party québécois west con we win even with Max.

Comment

Want to talk wasting tax dollars local rm that has one administrator and three equip operators and one foreman spends about 450000.00 on wages and equip guys get laid off in the fall. *** I hate all politicians but I guess I will have to consider running next time.

Comment

It's time to look at rms joining and cut backs

Comment

I dislike the little prick same as anyone.
                              Sask3. May I ask if people you mingle with are representative of average pop? Doubt it or everyone would be in Florida.
                              Honestly? full health care for $250/ month?? Hope it doesnt cramp your style!

Honestly not too sure as income related. My ailing mother pays little to none. Rolling thru thousands a week right now.
                              My day coming as with all of us. Forget what I pay as its small compared to eventual costs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...