• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KAP Funding Survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAP Funding Survey

Gov of MB wants to see what farmers are thinking of the current KAP funding system. You can do a online survey to give them your feedback. Deadline is March 9th.

http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/surveys-and-consultations/kap-funding-model-questionnaire.html

Also included an article from GrainNews which shows the current model and some downfalls they have noticed.

https://www.grainews.ca/daily/manitoba-surveying-farmers-on-kap-funding-system?module=the-latest&pgtype=homepage

This is a good way to voice your position to both KAP and MB Gov if you have either positive or negative feedback.

From your article - "The survey follows Eichler’s announcement at Manitoba Ag Days in January that the province would explore a different funding option..."
    Having been presented with some alternate funding options by the NFU they chose to ignore that and continue to tinker with what they have. This survey is not a real consultation - the decisions were obviously made prior to the survey being drawn up as is evidenced by the wording of the questions.
    Fake consultation!

Comment

Ok, you do bring up a good point regarding the survey questions. They are a little bit focused and don't give as many options as I would like to see it. But unless i missed it they haven't announced a change in funding strategy so I doubt very highly that it is already set in stone.

Even if you disagree with every single survey question let them know in the final comment. Sitting in your house watching TV and cursing KAP isn't getting any one anywhere. This is an opportunity to voice your opinion and everyone should.

Comment

Oh absolutely, they've already got my survey response and comments and I intend to talk with the Ag Minister about it. I've nothing against KAP by the way, looks like quite a useful organization compared to many I've seen. This was the chance to review the whole stable funding/producer representation issue and they seem to have failed epically unless they do a 180 degree turn. Based on the questions in that survey it doesn't look like that is likely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...