• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Malleefarmer - video of australian harvest - Is this typical of your farms?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Malleefarmer - video of australian harvest - Is this typical of your farms?

This one is really well filmed and edited.

Not very efficient, look at those old combines and old trucks.
    At the beginning of the film there are roads lined with trees on both sides. My neighbors would have those trees dug out in a week and then farm the road allowance. Less turning around, more efficient.

Comment

What are the rules regarding trees? I thought I saw pictures of a single tree in a huge paddock being farmed around.

The piles were massive. Collective/Co-op or one owner/farm?

Comment

Neat to see something different. Thx

Comment

Nothing wrong with older gear sometimes the combines 8 to 10 yrs old are more reliable than some of the modern new fangled stuff......trees on roads everywere not allowed to clear them without permit.

Similar delivery site but ours is at a place called Tailem Bend hits 503,000 tonne last week not a bad effort. Believe best day was 17,000 tonne. About 30 bunkers.

Will see if I can find out how much is sold versus unsold depends how many farmers have chosen disclose option on the deliveries. Have a option for trade to know what grain you have in tonnes and what grade you have some disclose some don't.

Prices last week bog standard wheat about $212 port comes back to 180/185 on farm

Comment

Thanks Mallee,

Please keep posting the photos and info on your operation.
            I enjoy seeing the way you operate.

Best to you.

Comment

Great Video

Comment

I know where I'd be in the winter if my kids were older.

Comment

You better like heat BP..... Going by Mallee farmers comments on temps there I don't think I'd like the hot temps. Can't go in their winter. ...farming at home at that time.

Comment

Perhaps heat is a little less tolerable as I age. But.. I have enuf experience with frostbite and.. if your pushin stick?... Dont like bugs but... I can dream.
                    Assuming of course I could earn my keep without working harder than I'd like for somebody else.

Comment

Thanx Mallee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...