• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on timing diesel purchases. Now or delay?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on timing diesel purchases. Now or delay?

We have been watching diesel prices the past few months and thought they were going to drop off.
    You folks buying or have you already filled up?

This is usually the time of the year when fuel prices bottom out so it is not likely to go much lower for this production season anymore. Dyed diesel was around 0.80/L locally at the pump. End of May is usually when fuel prices peak.

Comment

Filled everything last week

Comment

Filled in Dec. For .74..
        Summer fuel from Coop..

Comment

filled up last week 77cents pay in june

Comment

Dyed winter diesel $.80 and dyed gas $.77 last week at Stony Plain Alberta. Haven't priced summer fuel yet.

Comment

Interestingly enough....last year around this time wasn't farm diesel fuel a round 50cents a liter? What was crude worth last year at this time? Was it bouncing up off a low of $28/barrel?

Comment

We filled last year at 53 cents a litre. Still have a bunch left over from last fall as we never got as much field work done as we wanted. Will fill up the rest once the weather looks nicer and we can get away from winter diesel. 77 cents for winter diesel last week

Comment

Summer diesel trending downward.
                  A few pennies have been shaved off in the last few weeks.

Likely due to WTI crude decreasing?

Comment

Bulk dyed diesel, jet fuel and gas will drop in price.
                    I know this because I filled up the tanks last week. It works every time.

Iceman Out

Comment

I'm with you Iceman..... I ordered for delivery this week.

Dyed Diesel.... 74.9 cents
                      Gas............... 74.4 cents

It just might drop a couple more cents before it levels out..... but I have no idea.

I wonder if the 12 cents excise tax will be applied to farm gas after this week's Sask budget.

We shouldn't really compare fuel prices because of volume discounts and other pricing competition(some areas will have more competitive prices due to more competition).

It's like anything else... buy it and what is is. But I usually continue to follow it and one of two things happens.... buyer's remorse or think I'm a hero...50/50.

Comment

That looks like a reasonable diesel price farmaholic.

It appears waiting for weather to warm up prior to getting summer diesel will actually be cheaper this year....unlike last year.

Comment

We have every thing full but really one semi load in a operation that needs a few wont really change much just i will feel better during the first tanks use.

I hate any new tax and brad and justin will add. But at least brad has a plan not like idiot in Alberta or Ontario or Ottawa.
                          Just saying 10.5 added to debt in alberta and nothing is changing.

Comment

Talk of a lockout at the co-op refinery. If they are striking during seeding we could be waiting on fuel to seed.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              We have every thing full but really one semi load in a operation that needs a few wont really change much just i will feel better during the first tanks use.

I hate any new tax and brad and justin will add. But at least brad has a plan not like idiot in Alberta or Ontario or Ottawa.
                              Just saying 10.5 added to debt in alberta and nothing is changing.
                              his plan is to pay off the ocean front property they purchased to put a road on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...