• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts on the oat price and has it hit the top?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on the oat price and has it hit the top?

I have been watching oats and wonder how much longer the rally might go on.

Looks like the spec funds are long a big position.

Anyone follow oats or grow and market their own?

Wow......a thread on an actual marketing related question and not a single response. But the climate change debate goes on and on....post after post, thread after thread!

sorry monte....I have nothing to offer. We don't grow oats. Freight to market eats into what seems like a meager net return based on yeild for us. And in drier years we had "thins" issues.

Comment

Oats I wanted $3.00 but the buggers won't give any more than $2.75. For fall.

Oats will be grown over barley 120 oats at 3 you make money vs 60 malt at 5.

And then have to play the bullshit malt program.

Storage use to be a issue now just bigger bags and hang a dead raven or two

Comment

Tell me more about the dead raven. Do you have any pictures?

I have already used many rolls of tape on my oats bags from last fall. The ravens have way more time and energy than I do.

Comment

Oats seem to be very disconnected with the oat bids.
          Was waiting for $3 off combine delivery but only saw $2.75 Sept/Oct so haven't been excited to grow any.

Oats are definitely a ravens favourite grain it appears.

Comment

In Manitoba, Paterson has been offering $3.15 new crop for quite awhile. They were also offering $3.40 on program growing from specific list of varieties and no pre-harvest glyphosate.

Comment

There should be a premium for any crop that is not pre harvested.

Comment

Lots of oats standing or laying in the field around the Edmonton area. Big wild card as to how much of that will be grade able when it comes off and that is supporting oats right now. If all acres had been harvested the oat surplus would have been massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                  Tell me more about the dead raven. Do you have any pictures?

I have already used many rolls of tape on my oats bags from last fall. The ravens have way more time and energy than I do.
                  it works good . shoot one , hang it above the bag . there is something about them . no other animals will eat them . they are the witches of the animal world . spooky bastards . brought a dead one to the yard , laid it on the ground by the bins . it laid there for 6 months , nothing touched it. and it is legal . I asked the game warden

Comment

Western CDN oat acres may be up sharply this spring. This is a solid cash pricing opportunity for old crop (IMO).

Comment

Tops don't give you an opportunity to make a post on agriville.com. and wait around for 3 days to see what the consensus is. It's going higher simple continuation at present.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...