• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GF2 money goes to Florida

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GF2 money goes to Florida

$350K of Growing Forward 2 moneys have cut and run to Florida. [URL="http://m.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/7146867-bacardi-canada-to-close-and-sell-brampton-facility-eliminating-51-jobs"]Bacardi takes money and runs[/URL].

The feds sure like this corporate welfare thing.

Sign of the times for Canada . JT will not stand up to make Canada great again.

Comment

...and on the heals of another Brantford ON company getting $100K from the department of picking winners.

[URL="http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2017/02/16/governments-investing-in-agri-food-sector"]The Ag department Money Tree is generous[/URL]

Comment

Give GF2 $ to Agri-business companies like Bacardi to add value to our products.
        Inflict pain through high energy costs in Ontario and a CARBON TAX/CAP AND TRADE tax that hurts all goods produced in Ontario.

Neighbouring country to the south does neither of these economy killing policies.

Which company in Ontario will be next to move?

Comment

I sure hope our illustrious Growing Forward II farm programs can keep the producers that suffered losses from a horrific harvest in business instead of giving it to well heeled established businesses as likely political patronage payments.

Comment

Gee for a second I thought yea I got 350000 to buy that home in Florida. Read Bacardi did and are leaving useless Ontario and useless canada. Either we get in the trump band wagon and play. Ice or we become Mexico of the north!

Comment

Where was the Bacardi thing posted? Changes made to the GF3 program which make it useless to farmers yet Bacardi qualifies ?? I agree farmaholic,,, hope they can sc**** up enough to cover agstabilty .

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                Where was the Bacardi thing posted? Changes made to the GF3 program which make it useless to farmers yet Bacardi qualifies ?? I agree farmaholic,,, hope they can sc**** up enough to cover agstabilty .
                wtf would they need to cover ?? it was a train wreck here , haven't talked to anyone that got sfa?

Comment

Its ****ing government....its not supposed to make sense! Political patronage over real need, no one should be surprised.

I can't wait for the comparisons of putting grain producers in the same company as the Rumsters.

Comment

Business as usual in Canuckistan. All factories in Southern Ontario get handouts. When will the west wake up and get on the separation bandwagon. We got nothing to lose.

Comment

Well, ahh, uhm, a hug!

Comment

Does anyone have access to where all the GF2 money goes?
                        What percentage actually ends up going to what ag sector?
                        Farmers need to explain these things to the public and show what portion goes to Big Business.
                        I wish our groups and organizations would speak up ,

Comment

It seems that any meeting posted has a growing forward 2 sticker on it...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.