• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Growing Australian Perspective rings true in Western Canada as well

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Growing Australian Perspective rings true in Western Canada as well

http://globalfarmer.com.au/2017/02/convincing-evidence-short-miracle-australian-wheat-industry-terminal/

Be interested in your comments guys.
    Not saying I agree with it all but its a good snap shot of what many are thinking
    If anything on my patch yields are stable.
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Feb 20, 2017, 13:02.

other comment is yes graincorp may pass on costs to growers through lower prices but there is compettion author forgot that looked yesterday at grain corps prices wheat and barley were of the pace compared to rest by about 7 bucks on some grades so interpret comments how you wish.

Also new terminals are being built especially in WA were author comes from

Comment

Interesting read Mallee thanks.

I wasn't aware Aussie roads are falling into disrepair

Also, regarding world trade in commodities, exporting industries have to be competitive or they are finished
      Whether governments step up and foot the bill for infrastructure will certainly have a bearing but
      the question must be asked: If after kick starting a new industry it doesn't fire up and take off on its own is it of much value? What happened to the kickstart money/infrastructure if now the industry is in disrepair and uncompetitive?

Comment

Funny .....the lack of infrastructure spending here has netted the same results.....although the grain cos and some groups with the government's ear allowed and fought for a consolidated system that wrecked the infrastructure.

Odd that a grainCo here can refuse to buy grain and then force to another terminal within their company with out paying a fee to government for infrastructure.....especially when you consider the highway runs parallel to the highway 100 yards apart.....

Around here at the right time of year 50 trucks ruined a highway inside of a week....taxpayers pay the highway bill....the grainco reaped the rewards of logistics and politicians have not a clue.....

It's really embarrassing to think how the graincos have passed the costs to the farmer here although some wear it like a badge of honor to store 2 years worth of grain where as graincos need to turn their facilties 8 to 10 times per year to justify a ROI.
        Last edited by bucket; Feb 21, 2017, 16:33.

Comment

i thought many parallels between us and you guys not a solution though

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...