• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do not open links from non recognized posters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not open links from non recognized posters

I am sure everyone is aware or the ability of malacious links to have hidden malware in them. The playground rule is such. Dont talk to strangers and don't get in the van.even if the link promises you candy. Not worth the risk.

Good point.

It appears there are a few examples of that currently.

Comment

I don't like spam!
      Last edited by farming101; Feb 20, 2017, 08:35.

Comment

wonder why it's left on here ? , been posting for quite a while

Comment

mcfarms.

Did someone offer you a door prize, with a fence around it?

Comment

No I'm just neurotic by nature.and know that these types of forums are often targets of hackers. Ask the folks at both the combine forum and new ag talk. I think they both have had issues with it.
            Last edited by mcfarms; Feb 20, 2017, 09:40.

Comment

But if there is a prize.

Comment

I can be gullible but I hope not that gullible!

Twice now I've received "private messages" in my Agriville inbox that I am not too impressed about.

Did you check your private message inbox Blackpowder? There's some "spam" in there! lol
                Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 20, 2017, 09:51.

Comment

Admin would clean off any dangerous material. After all, before anyone could post, they are vetted, not?

Comment

Funnnnnnnnny!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

If you see spam or any posts that might be suspect.

Please let us know and email us at Nicole.keffer@farms.com or joe.dales@farms.com

We will monitor and remove any unrelated posts.

The Farms.com Agriville team

Comment

Originally posted by AgrivilleAdmin View Post
                        Hi Everyone,

If you see spam or any posts that might be suspect.

Please let us know and email us at Nicole.keffer@farms.com or joe.dales@farms.com

We will monitor and remove any unrelated posts.

The Farms.com Agriville team
                        It appears any thread started by "greenhouse" could be possible spam?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I can be gullible but I hope not that gullible!

Twice now I've received "private messages" in my Agriville inbox that I am not too impressed about.

Did you check your private message inbox Blackpowder? There's some "spam" in there! lol
                          I'm sure I was one of those spam PMs. My apologies. I did ask you about an ag company I am invested in. I do think it is a company that would help producers. I was legitimately looking for feedback for the purposes of marketing. It's likely a company you've never heard of, but I hope that isn't the case in a couple years.

I also did not make you an offer of any kind and gave you my name. I waited for a response and got not so I pm'd 2 other people. I guess you guys must get a lot of spam because I got no responses. If my message was perceived as spam my apologies.

Comment

Overly cautious? I don't know...it's just that sometimes you have to question the legitimacy of things on the internet! Like my posts!

Do the members of Agriville believe the incidence of spam is higher now than under the old format Agriville? Joe? Nicole?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...