• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming is happening

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global warming is happening

http://en.newsner.com/man-points-camera-at-ice-then-captures-the-unimaginable-on-film/about/nature

Even though American photographer James Balog specializes in nature photography, for a long time, he didn't believe in climate change.

In fact, for nearly 20 years, he taunted scientists about global warming.

"I didn't think that humans were capable of changing the basic physics and chemistry of this entire, huge planet. It didn't seem probable, it didn't seem possible," Balog says.

It wasn't until 2005 that Balog realized something was amiss while taking a close-up look at how climate changes affect nature.

During a National Geographic-commissioned photo expedition to the Arctic, he saw the enormous damage firsthand.

OMG, give it a break! Get a life.

Comment

I refuse to get into this debate but a couple of things have entered my mind a while ago.

When you see a picture of the earth from space at night and see the concentration of lights in some areas you have to wonder if there is any affect on local weather. I live only 50 Kms from Regina and when in the city it always seems warmer in the winter and hotter in the summer than it is where I live. I once thought I even noticed the little city of Regina has it's own brown cloud over it under some conditions. Now take the areas of massive population concentration....

Chinese cities are a ****ing disaster...pollution. People wearing surgical masks to try and filter out the pollution. Is pollution and global warming somewhat synonymous? Or at least related? I'd say.

One other observation. We were sitting around a small pit fire one night and I looked down at it and remarked, "stored energy". Now take into account all the sources of stored energy that are being burned....you have to wonder. I would assume the rate of release has far outstripped the rate of storage! This observation was long before the hype of global warming/climate change and being inundated with it.

So as the earth's human population continues to grow and demands on energy continue to rise.... you have to wonder if "something does have to be done". Stored energy is being released(burned and when you burn something the byproduct is heat) at ever increasing rates. Has it become "exponential"?

When you look at the size of the earth it is hard to imagine that human activity could sway its balance in regards to it's temperature. But is it more of a function of cause and effect - cause and effect - cause and effect....... To say we've had no affect on the earth is naive.... look at all the other living creatures around us and their populations.... we've squeezed alot of them out and to the point of extinction. Are we next? lol. If there was massive change in our environment, could humans "evolve" fast enough to save themselves? Not by Nature's Laws could we but maybe by our own ingenuity.... but I bet we couldn't support the earth's population as it stands today! We will have become a victim of our own "success".
      Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 20, 2017, 10:25.

Comment

Farmaholic

I understand what you are saying...but....a forest being lit up by a lightning strike is a lot of stored energy.....a volcano ..etc that for the most part are uncontrolled by humans.....

Comment

What I wanna know, is a Big Mac with bacon still a Big Mac???

Comment

Farmaholic, agree with your perspective. Where I disagree with the current environmental movement is their priorities, and how they justify it. If their end goal is to reduce our reliance on unsustainable practices, and reduce the side effects of some of these practices, I could get on side completely. But they get all distracted and propose solutions even worse for the declining resources. There is still a massive pollution problem, and everything we do is unsustainable, particularly the rate of non renewable energy we consume. I really do believe that most in the movement have the best interest of a sustainable future in mind. But they have all been distracted by the CO2 issue at the expense of all others. I believe the science is there to prove that there is an effect on climate due to increased CO2(in geological time), that the effect has diminishing returns(ie. maybe we should ration our use to get the most benefit for the longest time, not blow our wad too fast), and that it is minor compared to other climate forcing mechanisms(ie the sun) but most of all, that the net effect is positive for what really matters, food production, habitable area, and our total energy requirements to live in our climate.

Comment

Incredible. An iceberg is formed. Well that has never happened before!

Comment

I should not say this since I continue to like old agriville, but why is the site still active when it says I will be directed to the new site?

Comment

Bucket..... there is no doubt there are forces at play that make man look like a mouse in comparison to an elephant! Like people have mentioned... sun, volcanoes, forest fires.... natural occurrences. Nature and "what is" are a very powerful forces alone.

But I have come to view humans as the cancer of the earth!

Comment

The weak shall perish.

Comment

Farmaholic

You see this is where you and I differ respectively....which of course leads to a respectable discussion I might add....man can make things better if they don't lose sight of a comprehensive vision.

Let me explain....the Oroville dam is a man made wonder and had the vision of additional dams and maintenance ....it wouldn't have become a potential disaster...additional dams would control the water better and allow for drought proofing California.

Same thing here in Saskatchewan.

The economics of creating more reservoirs and hydro power far outweighs the monumental scam of the CCS at the coal power plants.

Why? Because if you produce power from water at let's say Calgary then medicine hat then again at Gardiner dam you have created more power from the same water....where man harnesses the power of nature...tm.....someone should use that..lol.

Respectively submitted farmaholic....

And one other thing .....has anyone studied the effects of dams and the changing patterns after their construction...10..20..30 years after?
                      Last edited by bucket; Feb 20, 2017, 10:22.

Comment

yes global warming is happening due to our some looseness and pollution.

regards
                        Manish Malhotra provide [URL="http://www.letslyrics.com"]latest songs lyrics[/URL]

Comment

Isn't it funny that in so many areas anybody who has power usually lies. Conservatives , church leaders , councils, politacins , sports people , farmers in coffee shop about there yields, but scientist are the only ones that tell the truth, lol

Comment

Originally posted by wakopa View Post
                            Isn't it funny that in so many areas anybody who has power usually lies. Conservatives , church leaders , councils, politacins , sports people , farmers in coffee shop about there yields, but scientist are the only ones that tell the truth, lol
                            Good one, they f*cking lie like a sidewalk!

Comment

Where do the liberals fit in?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...