• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad day as Stuart McLean is gone

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day as Stuart McLean is gone

Canada's story teller died yesterday at 68 years old.

No one could get you laughing like Stuart as he unfolded a story like no one else.
    Had the chance to see him live in Swift and Saskatoon when he was on tour.

Great listening to him at seeding time, or a road trip to shorten the travel time.

You can get him on CBC podcasts

Not very old!

Comment

Tribute for him today at 1 pm on CBC radio

Comment

He was a true Canadian gem. No more to say except sadness.

Comment

A true story teller, a true gentleman and a warm heart, although he had his struggles.
          Rest in Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
            Canada's story teller died yesterday at 68 years old.

No one could get you laughing like Stuart as he unfolded a story like no one else.
            Had the chance to see him live in Swift and Saskatoon when he was on tour.

Great listening to him at seeding time, or a road trip to shorten the travel time.

You can get him on CBC podcasts
            Huge loss to Canadians and I am sure lots of family and friends. When Peter Zozki died, It shook me and I think of him, now another. Its amazing how special peopl e find their way into our world. RIP Stuart

Comment

one of a kind ! I always was going to see him live , never did. had a chance when I was in Moncton a few years back , sure wished I would of . he was also a very good canadian talent scout and a very astute listener .

Comment

my wife got me tickets, to see him for the first time in saskatoon,
                then the announcement that the tour was cancelled.
                so sad for the nation.
                if there ever was a guy that expressed the cdn mentality it was him.
                he could make you laugh or make you cry in a good way.
                gonna miss him

Comment

Stuart mcLean was one of the great ones. Got to hear him when he did a show in Kitchener a few years ago.

Two of my favorites were the story of Dave making the Christmas cake and Dave dogsitting the neighborhood dogs. Oh my goodness - laughed til my sides ached! He could just build the tension or drama like no other, to build the craziest situations...

Comment

I liked the story where Dave and Morley mixed up the adult punch with kids punch at one of their parties.

Comment

Now I'm kinda sad I never took the time to see him. There would have been opportunities.

A couple of other interesting acts was the Wingfield Series performed by Rod Beattie. And I like comedian Ron James(listen closely!)..saw him live at least a couple of times. Ahhhh, Canadian comedy.

Comment

A bit off-topic, but when we were in Vegas in January, we saw Rich Little impersonate his old friends (Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, etc).. He is pretty old, (I think he is 78,) but he never missed a beat, never forgot a line, hillarious!

Comment

one of my favorites
                          http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/a-sleeping-cricket-with-stuart-mclean

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...