• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Touchy Subject....Divorce

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was not speaking to or about anyone on here specifically.
    Like any life event, despite the similarities its different for everyone. And outsiders assume.
    The vast amount of subject material relevant in the discussion here is impossible to learn the easy way.
    And whether death, divorce, or retirement, not necessarily a problem for most.

Comment

But if I may. If your looking for the usual "experts" for advice, good luck. I am disgusted with going to a seminar where they talk about any of these above subjects. Sick and tired of the fluff that is spewed. Either selling something or covering their ass. No one is able to talk in public about the worst possibilities.
      I would relish and participate in a panel presentation to a group. But only if its goal was to frankly expose all the ugly that 'could' happen. Useless without a little shock value.
      I listen to people talk and they all sound the same depending on where they are in the journey. Like having an illness. But if kids involved??
      I am disgusted with farm orgs, groups, media, all of them..
      Mention this idea and they scurry like mice. Mental health issues are a part of this puzzle too but.... mayswell jerk off in church. Same expression on their faces.
      So, I dont go to or belong to any *** thing anymore.
      Except aville I guess.
      The bullshit stops here.

Comment

I cannot say what the answerer is today but only tell you my storey. After proving myself to my father I was serious in this game of farming I asked him to sign me over one of his two quarters before I proposed to my wife. He did it and it was a blessing. We separated 11 years ago which happens to be before house prices and land prices started to move in a high direction. I had two very bad years in the business before that so my payout was not terrible. She was not entitled to the gifted quarter. After that I had two very good years, expanded, did some custom work and with appreciation my net worth was the same two years later. Unfortunately a year after that she had passed away. It was when she passed away and I got my child back I realised how good she had it with the child tax benefit, the money she got from me every month and the income tax deduction.

After this and a couple disappointing girlfriends I decided to just enjoy myself and not get serious unless she has a lot of money or I retire.

I dun no if my lawyer was good or not but he told me a prenup is only good for about four years.

This was a very good subject to bring up as it gets me thinking if I should gift some land to my son now. If he wanted to buy the rest I would only sell at my reduced rate with an agreement he owed me the rest incase he ran into trouble.
        Last edited by may-be; Feb 18, 2017, 23:33.

Comment

I thank you for sharing. I appreciated your story.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...