• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lagoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagoon

For the guys who are using a lagoon system for their houses..
    For the first time in 40 yrs. We are having issues with ours.It froze up..backed up into basement.
    Installed a aeration pump to keep it unthawed..ice still in pit.aeration keeping a 2 ft open circle..our pit it covered with treated plywood and 8 inches of snow..what do you use to keep ice from getting to thick? Had to pump ours to keep level from backing up again..is ice to thick for sewer to raise it?

We do not use a lagoon system but I would think your problem could be really moist soil last fall and hard frosts with no snow cover.Frost has gone really deep this winter.

Comment

neighbor had similar trouble. track hoe or back-hoe dig it out. seems to work. probably solids problem.

Comment

Nope..had solids pumped out last yr..only the 2 of us in house.

Comment

Not enough clear fluids going into lagoon with just two people ?
          I have added 3000-6000 gal of water to mine in the fall before .

Comment

Are you adding anything to keep ice thin? Like fertilizer?
            Heard some put 46-0-0.

Comment

No have not
              Might work

Comment

do you have clean out trap? run snake through to end if not to far. run water from trap to check for obstruction? check for obstruction at discharge. other neighbor had small piece of cloth at discharge in septic tank not fun job to remove.
                Last edited by binthere; Feb 9, 2017, 18:53.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...