• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are prairie farmers Really Sequestering more Carbon than they Emit ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt very much if all on this site are farmers, just saying.

Comment

My only thought is this, just got my January natural gas bill and it had 53 dollars of carbon tax for one month. Heat my one shop with a tube heater, small shop 36x40, keep it at 10' C. Other shop is 48x60 R50 ceiling, R28 walls and a 1300 sq. foot bungalow R20 walls R 40 ceiling. Shop has the latest resnor heater supposed fairly efficient. Not planning to change what I am doing just going to pay the bill and know it is a waste of money going to the government. Can debate soil sequestration all you want, the supposedly enlightened envirnuggets on here will lecture us ludites all day and tell us how terrible we are but the fact remains the global alarmists are anti capitalists that want to lower everyone in the western world's standard of living. Just picked a buddy up from detox so this big debate on coal and taxes seems somewhat unimportant shouldn't have commented.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
        You are not getting it, tweety.

No government, and especially the UN agency on climate change, and their sucked in self proclaimed environmentalist supporters (including farmers on this site) are ever going to say that you sequester any CO2. They will never acknowledge that an equation exists.

You are a producer of CO2, so get use to paying a carbon tax
        Don't care what they think. I want to know.

There is a carbon tax, i won't change that. Nothing to get used to, just pay it.

So are farmers emitting more than they sequester?

Comment

Are farmers emitting more greenhouse gases than they sequester ?
          Ive tried posting several times now but keep deleting it. I'm struggling with the whole concept and my initial rage. My first response is "who ****ing cares!!!" We are only emitting carbon in pursuit of one of what I think is one of the few excusable endeavours that should be allowed free reign to burn fossil fuels and emit carbon. I guess if all your city food comes from a store and no carbon is emittted in its production it must appear there magically and we are nothing more than a burden on the rest of the world. I've farmed long enough to know it's a tough game and you better be fairly efficient or you won't be around long. I've seen many come and go. Meanwhile I have had occasion to visit a few cities and I always wonder to myself " what do all these people do here" Go to Any store and and watch what people leave with. Big screen Tvs, camping equipment, clothes they will grow out of, home furnishings, coffee cups, exercise equipment they will never use, electronics to no end, etc. Etc. Etc. And then there's the coffeee shops that they frequent two or three times a day , ( incidentally I think Tim Horton should have to pick pick up all his coffee cups that I see laying alll over). It makes my blood boil at the mere suggestion that we as farmers require some "social licence". If it wasn't such an costly endeavour to keep a farm financially viable I would do what some have suggested and let the bastards starve. I'll shut up now and sit in my corner and be a good little farmer and pay my carbon taxes that will be squandered on nothing

Comment

Totally agree. A cell phone is a necessity. Food will always just be there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...