• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer Survey-Analysis of Precision Agriculture adoption & barriers-western Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmer Survey-Analysis of Precision Agriculture adoption & barriers-western Canada

Farmers are encouraged to take part in an on-line Survey on precision agriculture to help advance innovation in Canadian farming. The Survey will end March 4, 2017 and will examine the use of precision agriculture in western Canada.
    Have your say by completing the Farm Survey now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/precision-ag-western-canada

Precision agriculture (PA) is a term used to encompass a range of devices to collect agriculture information and the geospatial tools to enable site specific management of food production. There are many definitions of precision agriculture (PA) which are often influenced by the specific equipment or management system being referenced. This Survey will cover all components of precision agriculture, from simple GPS guidance to advanced ‘big data’ systems with questions specific to the precision ag uses being adopted across western Canada and the barriers to technology and innovation faced by farmers on the prairies. Farmers are asked to specify the various tools and technologies they currently use and are considering for 2017.

It will benefit all agriculture stakeholders to determine the precision agriculture tools that have been adopted in western Canada. Results from this Survey will further the understanding of innovation and competitiveness in agriculture, and to inform the development of future policies and programs. Precision ag surveys have been completed in other regions to enable the comparison of adoption rates between regions.

Summary results will be available in April 2017, and shared with western Canadian grower associations, industry stakeholders and farm media. This survey is being funded by and conducted for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. If you have any questions, please contact Dale Steele P.Ag. at dale.steele@icloud.com or by telephone at 403-382-8328. All information will be collected in compliance with the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. The information collected is general in nature and cannot be traced back to a specific farm or individual, as contact information is not collected. The information is collected for the purposes of consultation and the Survey Monkey website has Data Privacy, Security & Confidentiality features.

Nope

F off dale you want info for free time you losers start to pay for info

Comment

Don't become yet another fish in the barrel. It's bad enough some companies are charging us to collect our data for themselves and in all likelihood selling it!

Information is knowledge and knowledge is power....

No Thank You.

Comment

Since someone is studying something....how about the effects of a carbon tax. ....or the value of carbon sequestration. ...or that we compete against farmers still using manual labour to seed....or getting government support.....

If you can't tell where your combine has been without a GPS or how the yield is by the bin filling up....well here is your sign....and how my farm operates is no one's ****ing business.....ask CP or a grainco or input supplier inforation about their business....
        Last edited by bucket; Jan 30, 2017, 22:02.

Comment

Very few things get me madder faster than tech issues. Software compnies are evil.

Comment

I look at these things to see who's asking.
            Obviously PA company. Didnt feel like a manufacturer, more like VR, data collection/management. You guess.
            Wanted to know acres/income. How much spent on PA/ac/year.
            Another *** "only $5/ac" asshole.

Comment

Oops. I have bad habit of not reading all of a longer post.
              Sorry Dale. Truly.
              But will not delete. I stand by what I said even if it "might" not apply here.

Comment

Variable rate is a joke. Moar BS so some other guy makes a buck

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...