• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$12 July canola...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$12 July canola...

...without basis deduction.

We aren't too far off the highs reached in late Nov early Dec 2016.

How far will it go? How much upside versus downside? What market factor will have the greatest affect on where prices go from here?
    S/D?
    Will China "show" the U.S. and switch oil seed commodities? They likely need more than we have!
    Crush margins are strong.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 24, 2017, 07:53.

about $28.40 from it's lowest trade Jan 12 to it's highest Jan 20.
    about $17.70 from it's low close to high close those same days.

...not that it matters.

Comment

Once I haul my last load in it should climb to 15.

Comment

There must be big problems in SA with bean crop. Was reading yesterday a lot of acres have been flooded, and it's getting late to reseed.
        Be nice to lock in some $11 new crop, but still some climbing to do. Canola acres will go through the roof regardless of costs.

Comment

11.73 for July delivery here now so 12 is a good possibility

March and May contracts might not take out the late fall highs but July might

Exports to China for first 4 months were lower than last two years

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canola exports to China A to N 2016 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	765342
          Last edited by farming101; Jan 24, 2017, 08:53.

Comment

Once China slows down imports of beans from the US will put downward pressure on prices.
            SA will soon be shipping into China. Anything over $11 is a good price for canola. Don't let greed take over!!

Comment

$12.29 May delivery at Altona. Positive 13 basis

Comment

Originally posted by Oilking View Post
                $12.29 May delivery at Altona. Positive 13 basis
                To live beside a crushing plant!!
                I can't get a -13 basis. LOL
                Line companies screwing us ......... AGAIN!!!!!!

Comment

Yep line companies screw every day!

But yes also if USA and china lock horns canola tanks just as bad as soy

Comment

Bigzee.....its not greed, its maximizing profits! Everyone else seems to do it, seed cos, grain cos, machinery cos, fert cos, railroads, chem cos......too many times, because of quality issues or quantity short falls, profitability based on prices at the time, has been fleeting on some crops. So when there's a chance to hit a home run or grandslam because of a good crop and good prices, I don't appreciate Industry telling us we're still profitable at a lower price point for my commodities or the other side of the Industry digging deeper into my pocket because they think we can afford it!

Ya I know, I suppose there's a point where..... but let's enjoy the opportunities when they present themselves.

....and then there was durum!

Comment

Bunge altona best price most of the time. Without them the families would be pocketing at least an extra $1 per bu profits.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                        Bunge altona best price most of the time. Without them the families would be pocketing at least an extra $1 per bu profits.
                        yea bunge nipawin also , lucky to have them. although this year they've been dragging it a little since the fire . seems like it's maybe getting back to normal now, but so far sure not agressive like they were

Comment

So far all canola averaging out at 11.35 need a 12 to inch a little higher!

Comment

$11.35 should be a very profitable price if your yields were similar to mine. I am holding on the last 40% for pricing but soon will taking some of the extra price risk off the table. Its all in storage yet and pricing into summer months

Comment

Atta boy R5! You mitigated 30% of total risk if pricing is half and storage is the other half. 60% of 200.... you are much further along than me. I'm still at 200%! By the way.....we too are generally June/July deliverers. My stoopid way of looking at it ;-)...

I have a bad habit of pricing It all at one time. I used to price in increments but found when I was delivering it the spot price was the prepriced price, or higher, anyway. I will pull the trigger soon....waiting for the bases to load....then strike out at my bat with 2 already out, full count, a swing and miss at a wild pitch and strand everyone on base! Bottom of the nineth, down by one.....game over!

"$pot price".......what's that?
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 26, 2017, 01:19.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...