• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inaugeration Today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaugeration Today

Think Trump will let the CBC into US for its convoluted perspective? Just read a CBC article, what a bunch of crazies, absolute freaks! Talking about stomping and pissing on Liberal heads. What is this world coming to? No class lunatics!

The CBC seems to be sore losers.....saw the cup below on social media. Maybe it should be ordered for Mansbridge?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	765339

Comment

The Neil McDonald's who write articles that call out the silent majority when the "green" scam is questioned is envoking backlashes like Trump. Trump revolt just reared its head in US, next may be Canada.

Comment

So its not ok for a conservative leaning media source to do whatever it is they do. But it is ok for the cbc to be just as biased and confrontational as any?
        Listened to a portion of cbc radio talk show post speech. Reminded me of the Rosie Odonell show.
        The one guest was treated like a Neanderthal because Trumps cabinet isnt representative of blacks, hispanics, women, etc. etc. Forget skill sets and ability.
        CBC is fake news if any are.
        Drain the canal!

Comment

I thought his speech was bang on , and hopefully O'Leary can do the same in a few years .
          Let's look after Canada and Canadians first - not last .

Comment

All through the Harper years, we never heard about how many taxpayer dollars he was giving away. Now that we hear, it almost makes you want to cry - like to billionaire leaderslike A Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              I thought his speech was bang on , and hopefully O'Leary can do the same in a few years .
              Let's look after Canada and Canadians first - not last .
              Furrow, can I warn you that in about six months time I will come back and say 'I told you so'. I think you have failed to read between the lines as to what Trump is really saying. Let me point out a few things.

1. Protectionism - never worked, never will. DJ fails to understand that we are in a Global economy driven by technology and trade. The Chinese never 'stole' American jobs - they were given them by American companies looking for ways to enhance shareholder value and competitiveness. Same is true of Trump.

2. Tax cuts and increased spending on things like the military. Where will the money come from? Better get more ink for the printers.

3. Global reaction. The USA has long been regarded as the leader and the standard of the free world. How much negative reaction will Trump's policies diminish that respect. Who will step up and take the lead?

4. Social policies. Can I just say that he is just out of step not only with the American public but with damn near all of the first world nations. He has been very divisive and we could see the return of the violent internal conflict we saw in the late 60's and early 70's - re Viet Nam War and domestic race relations. Ever hear of the Detroit riots?

5. Pissing in China's Pepsi. For whatever reason, Trump has a real hate on for the Chinese. Maybe they are more astute business men and women than he is. In short, tell me what the benefit is in making enemies with the guy you owe three quarters of your debt to (15 trillion dollars)? Try that with your bankers.

6. Best for last. CAPP has already expressed deep concerns over Trump's protectionist policies and how they may really hurt the oilsands in particular. So furrow, are you going to be a happy camper when the BAT kicks in and in THE highest premier market in the world for your cereals and oilseeds are drained 10% from your current returns. Wiseguy should be a bit concerned.

Let me just conclude by saying I'm old enough slogans and rhetoric no longer sway me but that you really have to critically analyze things, especially in the long term. And I'll be optimistic that Trump is a fast learner and that he values the knowledge and experience of his advisors and cabinet. In Canada we have to hope he succeeds for our sake too.

Comment

On your first point rockpile - that is so true. Always remember that watching O'Leary and Treliving on Dragons Den - always telling people with manufacturing ideas "you've got to get it produced in China" it's the only way to go. Remember O'Leary telling a young native woman who was making and selling moccasins as a way to help other women on a northern reserve basically "screw authenticity you've got to get them made in China it's the only way for me to make monnnneeeyyy".

Arlene Dickinson gives a pretty good analysis of O'Leary here:

Comment

Whooh!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    On your first point rockpile - that is so true. Always remember that watching O'Leary and Treliving on Dragons Den - always telling people with manufacturing ideas "you've got to get it produced in China" it's the only way to go. Remember O'Leary telling a young native woman who was making and selling moccasins as a way to help other women on a northern reserve basically "screw authenticity you've got to get them made in China it's the only way for me to make monnnneeeyyy".

Arlene Dickinson gives a pretty good analysis of O'Leary here:

This is the dumbest ****ing thing i have ever seen. anyone with half a brain knows the dragons were actors on dragons den. I bet in real life MRS NICE bleeding heart Arlene is just a cut throat as MR. Wonderful

Comment

I think Brett Wilson refuted some of Arlenes comments.

Comment

I'd put more stock in Brett than any of the other dragons. True philanthropist and worth more than O'Leary and Dickinson combined and you wouldn't know it. You must give Arlene credit for where she come from but beyond that her bleeding heart antics are just that. At the end of the day you don't get to the top unless you step on someone's toes.

Comment

The people who advocate that it is, "not just about making money", are usually the ones who are loaded to the hilt with it.

Comment

Lol , yup time will tell.
                            He spoke the truth on many issues - I guess that's hurts some people's feelings.

Comment

When profits trump ethics, your society is on the wrong path.......rich men are noticed, good men are revered.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...