• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWRS prices.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pgluca View Post
    FYI Columbia Grain at Sweet Grass MT. was quoting $5.75 USD for #1 14% yesterday. That works out to $7.56 CDN at a $.76 dollar. I have sold to them in the past, the only thing is if you contract very far out you had better hedge the dollar.
    Do you have specs on Wht? Would lillian fill the order? Apperantly it won't be good enough to meet CDN specs soon. Do they have gluten strengh they need to meet to be #1?

Comment

Minus truck freight that equals closely what we're getting here.

Comment

Re: Columbia Grain
        I sold them Lillian, what they seem to care about most is the falling numbers and colour. I imagine if the vomitoxin levels were high of course that would be an issue. By the way they are paying 6 cents per 1/4 % protein over 14% and - 10 cents for every 1/4% under. Just send them samples, not hard to do.
        Another possible problem is tax implications and the possibility of being "Trumped" by an antitrade piece of legislation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...